Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    they haven't contested the floors, they've written to the FIA and asked if they can use a system that they believe is the same as Farrari and BMW. this will have one of 2 outcome, 1 they are allowed and they will run the same system, which if they get it working the same (it seems relatively simple) then the advantage of the teams from using this part will be lost.

alternatively they will not and Ferrari and BMW will have to stop using something designated as being outside the rules. which seems fair. reading the autosport piece on how it works it seems pretty obvious that it is a movable part with a primary goal of increased aero efficiency, and a very clever one at that which passes the rules on flexibilty when stationary due to the strength of the springs involved, but under the massive loads imposed on the underside of the car at speed it moves causing the Diffuser to stall meaning a higher straight line speed for a given level of downforce, or the opportunity for a higher level of downforce for a given top speed

if the FIA test the cars without the springs in place as they have clarified then the floor will presumably flex more than allowed and therefore be illegal.

these clarifications happen every year, and every year someone brings it to he attention of the rule makes, whether beacuse they feel it is unfair or because they didn't think of it first. either way, its not the teams rules, its the FIA's and the ambiguity of them causes these situations all the time.

i don't blame Ferrari or BMW for trying to exploit something, nor other teams (Mclaren this time) for asking for it to be clarified.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    they haven't contested the floors, they've written to the FIA and asked if they can use a system that they believe is the same as Farrari and BMW. this will have one of 2 outcome, 1 they are allowed and they will run the same system, which if they get it working the same (it seems relatively simple) then the advantage of the teams from using this part will be lost.

alternatively they will not and Ferrari and BMW will have to stop using something designated as being outside the rules. which seems fair. reading the autosport piece on how it works it seems pretty obvious that it is a movable part with a primary goal of increased aero efficiency, and a very clever one at that which passes the rules on flexibilty when stationary due to the strength of the springs involved, but under the massive loads imposed on the underside of the car at speed it moves causing the Diffuser to stall meaning a higher straight line speed for a given level of downforce, or the opportunity for a higher level of downforce for a given top speed

if the FIA test the cars without the springs in place as they have clarified then the floor will presumably flex more than allowed and therefore be illegal.

these clarifications happen every year, and every year someone brings it to he attention of the rule makes, whether beacuse they feel it is unfair or because they didn't think of it first. either way, its not the teams rules, its the FIA's and the ambiguity of them causes these situations all the time.

i don't blame Ferrari or BMW for trying to exploit something, nor other teams (Mclaren this time) for asking for it to be clarified.
    Quite a reasonable post, doesn't seem in the spirit of whining at all.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tintop
    Quite a reasonable post, doesn't seem in the spirit of whining at all.
    Maybe accusing BMW for ruining their race isn't either.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Maybe accusing BMW for ruining their race isn't either.
    Uhm what? Who is accusing BMW of ruining "their" race, and what does "isn't either" in reference to?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Uhm what? Who is accusing BMW of ruining "their" race
    I think Ioan is referring to comments made by Ron Dennis to the effect that McLaren's race strategy was compromised by BMW's. As I stated earlier, this was not an accusation, or a criticism of BMW by Dennis, it was merely a fact.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    I think Ioan is referring to comments made by Ron Dennis to the effect that McLaren's race strategy was compromised by BMW's. As I stated earlier, this was not an accusation, or a criticism of BMW by Dennis, it was merely a fact.

OK thanks Beans, I just didn't seem to understand what this had to do with complementing Robinho's rational, non-emotional assessment of the whole affair?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    OK thanks Beans, I just didn't seem to understand what this had to do with complementing Robinho's rational, non-emotional assessment of the whole affair?
    It had nothing to do with Robinho's, only with yours.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    It had nothing to do with Robinho's, only with yours.
    [RE Robinho's post] Quite a reasonable post, doesn't seem in the spirit of whining at all.
    Again the pathos here is quite interesting. My comments (above) only had to do with Robinho's post. I praised him for putting out a reasonable summary without a tinge of bias or "whining" as it were. Somehow you imputed a latent BMW -Mercedes conflict into that simple sentence. It is a disturbing thought process that seems to require conflict at every turn.