Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by courageous
    The Indy Racing League used to race at Disney in the US (can't recall which one - it's a racing school now run by Richard Petty I think).
    It's at Disney World in Florida. It's main problem is parking as it shares a lot with the Magic Kingdom. And since the Magic Kingdom is open 7 days a week, visitors for the Magic Kingdom would sometimes be forced to park at Epcot. There hasn't been professional racing at the track since 2000.

I think Richard Petty runs his driving school as a franchise. Walt Disney World Speedway is just one of 24 tracks that host the driving school.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted
    Just waiting announsement of Grand Prix of Eurotunnel, it could be double GP of France and GB.
    Raced on Le Shuttle between Coquilles and Folkstone?

Well, trafficwise Eurodisney would be good, since it is on the fringe of the Paris metropolitan agglomeration, 40 minutes by public transport from the center of Paris, has a train station for high speed trains from the north and south of France, also via the Channel Tunnel from London. So it is much easier to reach than the current site in the middle of nowhere.

O7

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Apparently David Coulthard was asked for his thoughts on this.

He said he Disney think it will happen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I still think they should race at Lemans
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i dont understand where are they going to race? in the disney land roads?
    i have never been there ,so anyone who can help me to understand how this race may be

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Take a look to Disneyland France:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...53988&t=k&om=1

Now zoom out and look for empty places to place a track; there's a lot.

And now cross your fingers so Tilke will be busy, maybe we're lucky.

The Disney way would be making a pool of well known experts (from "History and Nostalgia"), including a french WDC, a german WDC, a british WDC, a finish WDC, and so on to get an international packet of Disney ambassadors/designers to help to make a great track (the best ever, as Disney likes).

I know is all a bluff, but it would be better than Magny Cours and better than any Tilke design.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DimitraF1
    i dont understand where are they going to race? in the disney land roads?
    i have never been there ,so anyone who can help me to understand how this race may be
    I'm guessing they are going to built a race track.

keep in mind, Disneyland isn't just the theme parks is a resort with hotels, golf courses, etc...

if you look at the map posted, everything within the circle plus the golf course and a few other places outside the circle are part of Disneyland
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andreag
    Take a look to Disneyland France:

I know is all a bluff, but it would be better than Magny Cours and better than any Tilke design.
    Do we still hate Tilke this much even after Istanbul?

Euro Disney seems like a nice idea, I have never been there but it seems like a prime location to hold a grand prix. It has all the facilities you need already there (hotel, transportation, etc.) minus a track of course. If they can come up with the money to build a new track and make it ready for 2009, I will not waste any tear over the loss of Mangy Cour. Let's face it, we all hate that track, whatever Tilke comes up with can't be worst than that.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks for ur help!