Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

French GP to Euro Disney?

From about.com (yeah, when did they become useful?):

The Euro Disney theme park outside of Paris has been cited as possible venue for a change of location of the French Grand Prix. In today's issue of the French auto racing magazine, AutoHebdo, in an interview with Bernie Ecclestone that took place last weekend, the Formula 1 promoter reveals that the French Grand Prix could move from Magny-Cours to a Paris location as early as 2009.

Magny-Cours is well hated by the teams and many journalists, and well, just about anyone who has sat in traffic jams for several hours trying to go the last couple of miles into the circuit. The track is in the middle of farm country with few hotels and an unfinished highway, so it is not nearly as easy to attend the race as most of the other venues.

"The tendency with the new races is to bring F1 as close as possible to the public and in an exceptional decor, with all the necessary facilities at hand," said Ecclestone, in my translation from the French. "The economic benefits of a French Grand Prix 'of Paris,' the world's No. 1 tourist destination, would be exceptional, both for France and for F1. And the teams wouldn't drag their feet anymore to go there!"

He told the magazine that plans were underfoot and that he wouldn't hesitate to agree as soon as something more advanced was proposed to him. He said they might even consider doing something like canceling the French Grand Prix of 2008 in order to start off on a better foot in 2009. AutoHebdo said that its sources have told it that the two most likely settings for the race are either Versailles or EuroDisney - where, naturally, there is no lack of parking lots and hotels....

Of course, I'm wild about this idea, because it would mean that for once I would be able to stay at home and go to a race at the same time!
    And to think Michael Schumacher called Indy's roval "Mickey Mouse".
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Hope its better than Magny-Cours.

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmm, wonder who is going to want to come up with the cash for a brand new circuit?
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Pluto chicane? Goofy corner? Donald Duck Dip? Good lord.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know F1 is a bit Mickey Mouse, but really...................................

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof
    is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools:grenade:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'd rather see them build some scenery and grandstands at Paul Ricard and go back there...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Heuy, Dewey and Louie Duck. BE has gone quackers!

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    I'd rather see them build some scenery and grandstands at Paul Ricard and go back there...
    Actually depending on the viewpoint, there is quite a bit of scenery at Ricard. I used to hate the place because its big runoffs and no grandstands and stuff but as its name says, it's primarily a test track anyway.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Indy Racing League used to race at Disney in the US (can't recall which one - it's a racing school now run by Richard Petty I think).

Never mind car parking facilities, Eurostar has a station in the complex so you can eat drink and be merry without worrying about getting home!

Of course, it is a stupid suggestion that would never happen.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    They create more and more these stupid headlines just to keep F1 up on frontpages. Who really believes these rumours that says track to be in Moscow downtown, EuroDisney!

Just waiting announsement of Grand Prix of Eurotunnel, it could be double GP of France and GB.