Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by i_max2k2
    Very well put!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shifter
    If what Karthikeyan said in interview was what he said in the stewards' box he may have shot himself in the foot, figuratively. He might not have gotten a penalty if he stated flat-out that Vettel chopped him, which he did do. Vettel could've passed Narain without incident quite easily but was too quick to get back into the slipstream...Vettel ALSO 'has mirrors on his car he should've used'...if he had, he might have noticed that he wasn't clear of the HRT.
    My point exactly.

Have the FIA given any reason yet to why Karthikayen was punished? I'd love to hear their reasons...
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Driver is unhappy with race incident and forum goes all wild over it.What's next? Huge uproar over cat being caught harassing a mouse ?
    ioan, you and I both know that your attitude to such things depends entirely on the identity of the driver concerned, rather than being consistent.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifter
    If what Karthikeyan said in interview was what he said in the stewards' box he may have shot himself in the foot, figuratively.
    Indeed. As I said earlier, Karthikeyan seems quite a gentlemanly character, and given that I'm not surprised that he should take blame that he doesn't deserve.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    http://www.themotorreport.com.au/538...t-coincidental
    Red Bull to discuss ignored team orders with Vettel
    Red Bull will sit with Sebastian Vettel following reports the German deliberately ignored the team's race instructions in Malaysia.
    The team was heard on the radio instructing the reigning back-to-back world champion to retire his car, ostensibly because of dangerously high brake temperatures.
    So often were the calls unheeded that Vettel's engineer Guillaume 'Rocky' Rocquelin ultimately declared it an "emergency".
    A late-race retirement, with Vettel definitely out of the points following his clash with Narain Karthikeyan, would have allowed Red Bull to install a new gearbox in his car for the forthcoming event in China.
    Red Bull explained that Vettel did not hear the instructions due to a broken radio.
    But photographs have emerged that show those instructions were also reflected in Vettel's end-of-lap pit boards.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    On-board video from last weekend’s Malaysian GP has revealed the Formula One champion showing the middle finger to Indian driver Narain Karthikeyan after the two collided during the race
    “I think he’s highly frustrated because he’s having a tough season after dominating the track for two years. It’s completely unprofessional to blame me for the incident. The derogatory remark only goes to show him in bad light. I, however, have high regard for Vettel for whatever he has achieved in a short span of time,” Narain told Deccan Chronicle from Singapore.

Narain said those who have superior cars should show some respect to backmarkers.

“We have every right to race on track. The rule is that backmarkers have to give way when they are shown the blue flag, but it doesn’t mean we have to go out of the track. Just because he has a good car, he can’t call others an idiot. I have won races in all the previous single-seater championships I have participated in and held pole position in the most demanding F3 Macau Grand Prix, so I don’t need a certificate from Vettel,” Narain said.
    'Idiot' remark: Narain Karthikeyan hits out at Sebastian Vettel | The Asian Age
    May the forza be with you

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    ^^ +1

“We have every right to race on track. The rule is that backmarkers have to give way when they are shown the blue flag, but it doesn’t mean we have to go out of the track. Just because he has a good car, he can’t call others an idiot. I have won races in all the previous single-seater championships I have participated in and held pole position in the most demanding F3 Macau Grand Prix, so I don’t need a certificate from Vettel,” Narain said.

Some of the posters here need to take heed and put the rose-coloured glasses away. It seems Bieber is like any other privelidged kiddy who never had to work for a living - totally out of touch with an over-sized sense of entitlement and no regard for consequences.

I was never a fan but far from a hater - but he is going to need to pull his head in this year and show some fortitude in the face of adversity, given he is not able to get on with this years car as well as he would like. Character building apparently, and it is the measure of a man.

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles
    Bieber
    Oh good. Glad that's catching on.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nico Hulkenberg makes a very good point as well:

Sahara Force India driver Nico Hulkenberg, who is in New Delhi for a promotional event, said it was not Narain’s fault. “I heard about whatever happened and I also saw it on TV later. So, I don’t really understand why Vettel said all of that,” he said.

“I think Vettel was just emotional at that point of time. He lost out on points, it was frustrating for him and his team. At the end of the day, he is just human and sometimes you get emotional,” the German added.
    I wonder if the finger raising petulant cock is gonna admit he was out of line and apologize for his comments. I don't expect it to be honest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    perhaps we should just tweet an apology that is accepted as a correct apology from drivers these days
    "I am fed up with this car.....pfft"

M. Gronholm champion :D

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    Can I have some of what you are smoking? That stuff must be good.

So, according to you, backmarkers should just bend over and run into the gravel trap to make way for the frontrunners? The Verstappen-Montoya incident has nothing in common with this one. Also, in what parallel universe does somebody call a car an idiot? Vettel was obviously being a disrespectful, petulant little cock, admit it.
    Your post consider so many insults that it is curious why you are so angry when other people speak in similar, although less violent way.
    Formula 1