1 0.65%
  • P. de la Rosa

1 0.65%
  • N. Karthikeyan

1 0.65%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts

Favourite F1 driver(s) in 2012

Can't remember such thread for a long time. Also driver line-ups have been changing quite a bit during the years. So a new season has started and you can explain here, who do you support and why.

And I decided to give the option of voting for multiple drivers in case it is hard to choose and there are a lot of sympathies.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Button, Hamilton, Di Resta, Raikonen and Kobayashi like all of them, listed in order of support!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I find it hard to pick drivers and teams I support as I love F1 as a whole really and get excited, upset and nervous for anyone who is driving well or underperforming.

I always like to see Button do well as I have really supported him from year 1.

I also am a big fan of Michael Schumacher. I remember watching most of his first career and even in the 2002-2004 years I enjoyed seeing a master at work. I used to be questioned by lots of "casual F1 fans" (Those being ones who yacked to me about things in F1 they thought this and that about, but had only watched 3 races in the season) oh its so boring and he's boring. I used to fume and think he're is a driver who is possibly the best ever and people just want "A show" to quote Bernie.

Other than that I like Hamilton, Raikkonen and Kobayashi because they are exciting.

But if anyone does well I am pleased for them.

Looking forward to seeing this weekend.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Button, Hamilton, Di Resta, Kovalainen, Vettel and Kobayashi, in that order
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Paul, because he hails from about 5 miles away from me. And Button, well he seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Yeah, thought I would add my thoughts as well.

First of all – Grosjean. I have kept a keen eye on him for some time already and the way he was smiling after the qualification for the Australian GP was awesome! For me a very likable driver and character. And I am happy that he has shown he is capable of being fast in F1 too, which was left unclear in 2009. Let’s see, what will the rest of his career bring. Perhaps it is a bit symbolic that my long-time favourite Trulli left before the season, while Romain entered the stage.

Next I’d mention Vettel. I have been following him for a long time too, already before the beginning of his F1 career. I knew (or more like hunched) that he has potential, but didn’t imagine he would be that successful so quickly! Many people get quickly bored of domination, but I can watch him keeping on winning. Actually I take great interest in whether he can actually challenge some Schumacher’s records!

After them there are perhaps not so clear-cut favourites, but still drivers, whose success create good emotions. For instance I’m always happy, when current Sauber driver pairing achieves good results. They look nice calm characters (Kobayashi in particular is smiling a lot!), but fierce competitors on track. Sauber has started the season well, I hope they can keep it up.

Looking at the front again, I’m also pleased to see the success of Button. I’m cheering more for him than Hamilton. And I’d be pretty satisfied if Button actually managed to win his second WDC this year. Regarding Jenson can’t get over the fact that for almost a decade (infinity in F1 terms!) he was in the shadow of others and underrated. So it is very impressive that he finally managed to reach the top, even more so stay there consistently. Also those long years of struggle/invisibility have strengthened Button’s personality, making him more patient, relaxed and confident, which gives him an advantage over Hamilton, who hasn’t had to deal with sitting in crap cars for many years.

I haven’t fully decided, what to make of several newcomers, like the STR drivers. Perhaps I’ll decide during the season.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    I had to give the Ricciardo kiddie a vote. Poor lad, everybody else had one, and he's such a nice boy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Finnish drivers are obviously my favourites along with MICHAEL SCHUMACHER (I would never have believed that a few years ago).
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles
    I had to give the Ricciardo kiddie a vote. Poor lad, everybody else had one, and he's such a nice boy.
    Strange that Hülkenberg has no votes, as he's the most popular driver in this year's FGP. Well, I didn't vote for him either. : I've always been a fan of Kimi, because I like his ultra Finnish character. You couldn't be more dry.

I've also got a soft spot for Hamilton, because he is a warrior on the track. Somewhat reminiscent of Senna, although he obviously doesn't have Senna's compelling personality.

Of the young guns, I have high hopes for Vergne, as he seems to adapt very quickly. I'd bet (my signature) that he'll have the upper hand on Ricciardo already after a couple of races this season.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Jenson Button, Sebastian Vettel, Fernando Alonso, Michael Schmacher, Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean.
    Formula 1