Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    MJW

Loeb against endurance rallies

"I'm more of a fan of starting the recce on Wednesday morning and finishing it on Thursday," he said. "Then rally on Friday and Saturday - have the party on Saturday night and then go home on Sunday."

I agree with Seb, I would prefer a endurance type two day rally like San Remo IRC, and what Kris Meeke suggested after Rally GB 2011. Why not have long days with some evening / night stages and restricted servicing? That could satisfy Mouton/Todt's desire for a return to older values. Dragging out an event with needless person/hotel nights doesnt help anyone. A reduced day long hours events would make WRC rallies more affordable for both manufacture teams and privateers.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    My motto is "the harder - the better", so from my fan's point of view, I firmly prefer two long days than nowaday's 4 with 4-6 repeating stages. As you say its cheaper for privateers but I am sure top drivers and teams (especially the one in the title) will say it is too exhausting and they want longer rest breaks. Anyway I have another idea. Reduce recce to only one pass for stage, considering everybody has camera in the car and watch it multiple times in the hotel room.

MJW
    [quote="SlowSon"] Another good idea, as you say everyone doing the recce now has an onboard camera. As Loeb suggested a Wednesday recce, with one pass you could have shakedown / qualifying and ceremonial and pr stuff on thursday, with rally friday and sat

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon
    considering everybody has camera in the car and watch it multiple times in the hotel room.
    are you serious ???? ???? ????

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So this thread is what I mean by PUB Talk discussions.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    How is this thread different than 95% of all the other talk here?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    It isn't.
    BJ, you've just derailed this thread......

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Once upon a time rallies were endurance, like Monte carlo classic and Safari rally omongst others.

My feeling is that the calendar should have 2 endurance rallies, due to the fact that a world champion should also master that kind of 'Classic' events, that require a different kind of tactics than todays 'sprint' rally format, with 'full gas' from start to finish!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That guy is allowed to drive as fast as possible on very nice and beautiful roads, and he's still complaining. That's really unfair. I wish I could drive those stages in a WRC car, as much as possible.