Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: Felipe Massa

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Giacomo Rappaccini
    I respectively disagree. Ferrari will back their best driver and if Massa starts off like a ball of fire next year he will be given an equal chance at the WDC. I've always thought that that FM has as much raw speed as anyone in F1. Take it from someone who had a similar injury as Felipe (only much worse), it takes time to get it behind you. IMO a prudent move by Ferrari that will pay dividends if FM is over the psychological affect of his head injury. As for teaming with Fred, all he has to do is out qualify him and it's game on! I see FM having a very good season next year JMHO
    You know only Massa can screw this up. He usually blames the world and the universe for his shortcomings. But this is it. Ferrari showed him they still have faith in him. I personally beleive he is going to do the same old same old. Obvioulsy I whish him the best since it would be his last year at Ferrrari. It would be in his interested to be remembered for his accomplishments and not his failures.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    According to the Horse whisperer site , the form Felipe has recently shown is down to the ddrs , a part that hasn't shown up on Fernando's car yet .
    Distrust in thier own wind tunnel data had them , apparently , take it to the Toyota tunnel in Germany , where they found answers they liked .
    Felipe , as guinnea pig , tested the parts , and they will now give them to Alonso .

If mid-field Mousa can make it go fast , then this championship aint over .

Fernando will fly past Felipe , and show the Bulls what a flying horse can do , without it's wings clipped by dud tunnel data .

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    The Horse whisperer is another form of tweets, I compare it to the aftermath of Spa this year (LH tweets). Itīs sad really.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    The Horse whisperer is another form of tweets, I compare it to the aftermath of Spa this year (LH tweets). Itīs sad really.
    The story came from "20 minutos" not a source I would take at their word
    May the forza be with you

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I had an evil thought today.

Heard the team radio in FP2, when Felipe said on radio. "I am really struggling, the car has a strange balance"

I thought at that moment, maybe the strange balance making the car slow is called a new contract in his pocket.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    To me it looks as if he never recovered from losing the 2008 title in the last corners of the last lap. That one send him tumbling and the horrible accident at Hungary knocked him out for good, I think.
    I don't think so, until his accident in Hungary he was driving fine, but the Ferrari was a turd in 2009.
    Formula 1

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I have to say that the contract extension of Massa has been the most disappointing news to me in this silly season. Yes, he has looked better and even sort of "okay" in the second half of the season. Even had a couple of great races, which reminded me the Felipe from his prime (2008). But he still doesn't have the consistency. And he has been given so many opportunities already that I don't think he is going to (re)gain it.

I can give a benefit of doubt if a driver underperforms for one year. Even two. But three is too much, especially as we are talking about a seat in a top team. F1 as a sport is so competitive with the need to deliver consistently that I am stunned, how someone can keep basically a top drive, while having been underwhelming for the majority of three years. I can't really remember a driver like that from the past. Even Fisichella was sent away from Renault after three years.

It looks like Ferrari really values the aspect of "family" much. Domenicali, Montezemolo, Alonso are all great friends with Massa by the looks of it and as long as he manages performances, which are not too embarrasing, they are fine in sticking with him.