Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Felipe Massa

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    should've kept Kimi... should've kept Kimi...

When they decided to drop him for Massa, I knew it was a bad idea. And now, returning with a new team, and finishing with a points-paying top 10 spot, while their 'choice' ended up with a DNF, it's like big old "nyah nyah nyah " right in their collective faces.

... should've kept him. :\
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    I don't think has much to say about the car handling when it differes from what alonso wants, if their driving styles are too different it's Massa who has to cope, and it seems he hasn't been able to do so. He's hired to be the number 2 driver and that's what he's doing.

Ferrari doesn't really have much options, none of the top drivers really want to be at Ferrari when Alonso is in such a strong position and I doubt that less exprienced drivers would do any better than Massa.

Exactly.
    Some Ferrari fans should have a good look at Ferrari and their doings before pointing fingers towards Massa.
    I hope he's got a good contract and screws them royally for what they did in 2010.
    He will probably retire soon anyway.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veeten

When they decided to drop him for Massa, I knew it was a bad idea. And now, returning with a new team, and finishing with a points-paying top 10 spot, while their 'choice' ended up with a DNF, it's like big old "nyah nyah nyah " right in their collective faces.

They should have kept Kimi and Felipe.
    Or do you think that Kimi and Alonso would have been a good pairing? Would Kimi have accepted being No.2 to the race fixer? Or would have Alonso behaved in a civilized way when loosing to Kimi? We all know the answers.

Alonso's 3rd season with Ferrari will not deliver anything better than Massa delivered to Ferrari in the past. Funny eh?!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    I don't think giving Bianchi a drive without proper F1 testing in a Ferrari car would make any sense, specially if he's going to have Alonso as a teammate. I'd rather bring Alguersuari in, but there's no reason to think he could perform any better than Massa is doing, specially considering that he hasn't driven a Formula One car, let alone a Ferrari, for several months.
    Meh, if they are both going to struggle regardless why not get a new boy in?
    I'd say Sutil would be a better prospect than Alg.

Quote Originally Posted by veeten

Massa was always Ferrari boi, they wouldn't ditch him for an "unmotivated" Kimi.
    And let us not forget 2007, Alonso might get his panties in a bunch if racing alongside Kimi...

You also gotta remember 2009, Massa was doing better than Kimi before his accident and Kimi was eons ahead of both Badoer and Fisi, and also 2008... Massa would have seemed a better option. (Not to mention the Alonso-Ferrari rumours started mid-2007 before Kimi was champ)

I for one hope Lotus and Kimi finish ahead of Ferrari in the standings. I think this might just end up being the case.

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    No, ioan, just kept Kimi. Then, there would've been no need for Alonso, and would've been looking for a replacement for Massa soon after.

But, instead, we have what germinated to the present situation in front of us, and the only people that need to explain are the ones in charge... and we know why they won't be talking.

just call it sheer embarassment.
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Some Ferrari fans should have a good look at Ferrari and their doings before pointing fingers towards Massa.
    You were one once, let's not forget, before your almost Damascene conversion.

I hope he's got a good contract and screws them royally for what they did in 2010.
    On what legal grounds?

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by studiose
    I'm sorry, but that's funny!
    What is even funnier, is that Rubens would probably do better than Massa. I think Rubens is more adaptable to cars that are real handfuls to drive. For Massa cars like F2008 are perfect, which has very good aerodynamics, is a real top car and handles well.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Would Kimi have accepted being No.2 to the race fixer?
    Interesting legal brain of yours on display here, ioan — making this accusation, and suggesting that Massa has grounds on which to sue Ferrari.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Ferrari could take a gamble on anyone right now and not be worse off. The car isn't great but it has decent race pace, but only Alonso looks capable of bringing home any points. As long as massa is tooling around fighting for 10th they may as well bring in anyone.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    Meh, if they are both going to struggle regardless why not get a new boy in?
    I'd say Sutil would be a better prospect than Alg.
    Fair points.