38 58.46%
  • Bad idea

23 35.38%
  • Don't know/care

4 6.15%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To me it is a stupid idea.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Can anyone explain what's so great about a night race To me it's nothing more than a(nother) gimmick.
    It's just something a little bit different. I for one would love to see it happen once, just for the experience. It's like Le Mans at night, a football game at night or a night race in the IRL or Nascar. There's just something special about being under floodlights.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    It's just something a little bit different. I for one would love to see it happen once, just for the experience. It's like Le Mans at night, a football game at night or a night race in the IRL or Nascar. There's just something special about being under floodlights.
    I agree.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    But with Le Mans it's part and parcel of the whole event, and always has been. As for the IRL or NASCAR it's a purely spectator entertainment thing - US razzmatazz - and that's fine, but F1 has tended to stick its nose up at those kind of things.

I don't disagree that there's "just something special about being under floodlights" but it's not for F1 IMHO.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Bernie wants it. It's gonna happen. I also think that estimate in Autosport was well off in terms of how much it would cost. 1 night race a year would be fine as something a bit different and special. It would be to me like having another Monaco in the calendar.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

poll

F1 night races - Good idea or bad idea.

1) Good idea
    2) Bad idea
    3) Don't know/care
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Can anyone explain what's so great about a night race To me it's nothing more than a(nother) gimmick.

Fire shooting cars, glowing exhaust, and glowing rotors!

Ever watched two cars going head to head at night from the side? I mean really battling, and wondering just how hard they are on it? Nothing beats being able to see from the sidelines just how hard the drivers are working the brakes as they start to glow under braking. It can be incredibly spectacular!
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    At the risk of sounding stupid here... would the cars have to have lights on them too?
    Everyone Loves a Slinky. :)

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slinkster
    At the risk of sounding stupid here... would the cars have to have lights on them too?
    Probably not as IRL and Champ Car don't.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Wouldn't mind having a night race. It's a good gimmick, seeing the Macs under floodlights would be a great spectacle, though IHMO, a saloon car/sportscar works better than singleseaters in night races.

It would be great if they partially lit the circuit. That would really sort the men out from the boys at a place like Turkey. But I can't see my idea ever happening!

Personally I would rather bring back titanium skid blocks and then bring on the night races!