Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No Klein Tools ???

What happened to the Klein Tools sponsorship over at AGR ? I didn't hear or see any announcements or news about them pulling out. Anyone know ? I guess that's why Jonathan Klein isn't running IPS this year. The tool business must not be doing so well ?????
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In December of 2006, Jonathan's father, Richard T. Klein, Jr., was ousted as Chairman of the Board of Klein Tools by the other Board members (which included his brother). It was reported at the time that this little hostile internal takeover would probably put an end to any racing sponsorships, at least for the time being. Lawsuits on both sides within the company have followed. The report came from Crain's Chicago Business.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Beachgirl.

That sheds a lot of light on what happened. Is Jonathan Klein still actively pursuing a driving career or has he gone off to college to join the real world ?
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ...Thought I saw Klein Tools as a sponsor on 1 of the ALMS cars...

...just checked, & they are on the Intersport Racing LMP1 entry...small logo, probably an associate sponsorship...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Klein Tools website has quite a few references to ALMS, but not a word about AGR/IRL.
    http://www.kleintools.com/

Click on Klein Performance or Events.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would imagine that some type of associate sponsorship agreement in ALMS has got to be a lot less expensive than a full sponsorship at AGR/IRL.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl
    I would imagine that some type of associate sponsorship agreement in ALMS has got to be a lot less expensive than a full sponsorship at AGR/IRL.
    Likely more of a product contingency deal than writing a big fat check to AGR.