Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Liked 73 Times in 38 Posts
    fficial page of Rally d'Italia Sardegna, twelfth round of the 2012 FIA World Rally Championship.

For all the latest info, please visit our official website 2011 Rally d'Italia Sardegna - 5-8 maggio 2011* May 5-8 2011 (work in progress)

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter: @rally_d_italia

Official page to FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...22849214480337

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have booked a European holiday which just happens to coincidently take in this round of the WRC and also the Abu Dhabi F1 on the way back to Australia. Amazing how that happened. Now all I need to find is a company that does guided WRC tours. Rally Travel is obviously one such company. Are there any others that do guided tours for the Sardinia WRC that people are aware of and/or can recommend? Thanks in advance.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rally Travel as very good, but try...

Rallytravels.com - The No.1 in Rally travels - good for small tours
    or
    Our Tours | 2011 Beijing to Paris - Itinerary & Booking | Rally Tours NZ - is superb! - Going to Spain this year with them

Liked 16 Times in 5 Posts
    As wrc_flipper said, Rally Travel is good, I've been in Sardinia with them in 2009 and I got an amazing assistance. Rally Travels though (ran by Per Carlsson, a former WRC co-driver) is the best I've been with. I made Sweden and Finland with them in 2008. They are just awesome! Maria Andersson (current Sandell's co-driver) was in one of the Rally Travels' hosts for Finland in 2008. Kalle Grundel and Olä Stromberg are also hosts. Listening to their stories is better than watching the tourists on the roads, as N.O.T says!

Don't know about the third choice, but it seems to be the more feasible for you guys on that side of the planet.

BTW, Rally New Zealand is in my wish list..

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc_flipper
    Rally Travel as very good, but try...

Rallytravels.com - The No.1 in Rally travels - good for small tours
    or
    Our Tours | 2011 Beijing to Paris - Itinerary & Booking | Rally Tours NZ - is superb! - Going to Spain this year with them
    Rally Tours NZ normally run with Rally Travel tours don't they? I'm pretty sure they did when I went to Finalnd in 2010

Liked 16 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    Why do you people prefer to go with these tours? I've done one event with tour and all the others since then on my own. I think the planning part is also fun. We've seen more spectacle for less money if we planned everything ourselves, and we had 100% freedom...
    I am also bound to plan and watch the events by myself. In Sweden and Finland, when I used rally tours (RallyTravels), I preferred that way because it was my very first time in a totally different country and rally... I thought that would be "safer". In Sardinia, I used RallyTravel.com just to get the spectator accesses, but I planned and made it all by myself (it was not cheap,. though). In Argentina, I am used to going one week before the rally to drive through all the stages and waypoint the best spots. Unfortunately, some of them are not reachable by side roads, and the best of them require you to 'camp' there for the day...

Meanwhile Luca Pedersoli has announced its program of races for 2012. Among these is the Rally Italy Sardinia, that the spectacular Italian rider will race on a Citroen DS3 WRC sponsored by Magnetti Marelli.

Immediately after the Easter holidays, will begin work on the preparation of the route of the Rally of Italy - Sardinia 2012, which will be presented to the FIA on 16 May.
    So far it is working for the realization of all four stages on gravel. Among the new stands out the hypothesis of Porto Cervo as the location of departure and arrival of the event and the fascinating hypothesis of Sassari to perform a remote service area.
    Confirmed, however, the headquarters of the service park in the main Avenue of Olbia Isola Bianca.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seriously considering attending this event. What can anybody recommend for hotels/hostels and getting about ?

Some important dates to remember, May 16 there will be presentation to the FIA's draft itinerary of the rally, and also the release of our official website 2011 Rally d'Italia Sardegna - 5-8 maggio 2011* May 5-8 2011.

On 16 June, will release the long awaited rallyguide1, on August 16 will open registration for the race and will be on-line event Supplementary Regulations.

On September 18, rallyguide2 publication, and registration closes at the rally.

In summary
    May 16: release 2012 Site 2011 Rally d'Italia Sardegna - 5-8 maggio 2011* May 5-8 2011
    May 16: Presentation of the draft itinerary for the FIA
    June 16: on-line publication of RG1
    August 16: on-line publication of the Supplementary Regulations for tenders and opening of registrations
    September 18: online publication of RG2, registration closes at the rally.