Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Just out of curiosity, for what was monadvspec banned and John warned? Foul language or taking it against mods?

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Just out of curiosity, for what was monadvspec banned and John warned? Foul language or taking it against mods?
    Mondavspec was banned because it turned out he was a previously banned member returning under a different name. This is not permitted, regardless of what happens with the new login name.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Mondavspec was banned because it turned out he was a previously banned member returning under a different name. This is not permitted, regardless of what happens with the new login name.
    OK, this is perfectly clear now, but what about John? His points were mostly spot on, little harshly put in words sometimes, but reflects the situation in Chit Chat section.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There are obviously cliques of members that have similar opinions and believe that vociferous debating gives them more rights than normal members: it doesn't.

In recent years, the Chit Chat forum has gradually become polluted with this type of Gruella posting on certain topics. It isn't debating any more but just a gruelling test of which side can be the loudest and most prolific on threads involving Government, religion Guns etc.

This is not the fault of the Moderators but the members. It' the members who control the quality and content of a forum. All the Mods do is gradually nudge things back onto a more civil basis or occasionally remove negative and destructive influences. They don't get paid just as nobody parts with money to be a member here. They may make mistakes but overwhelmingly do their level best, in my opinion, to moderate in a diligent, honest and even handed manner.

Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    No Mark they were not swear words, Starter is a flat liar.
    I would be very surprised if Starter was a liar. It's more likely emotions and standpoint on certain subjects suggests he's against you when in fact; he's just doing the job.

However, if you have strong feelings on the matter, you should stand by your principles and find a forum more in line with your ethical persuasion. Before doing this, I suggest you hold a mirror up and carefully consider if this is not the storm in a tea cup I mentioned on the other thread. Is the whole issue being clouded by emotion and as members; have all concerned acted in a way that exacerbated the issues?

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    It would seem that monadvspec was banned for the heinous crime of having been banned previously under a different userid, no such thing as rehabilitation in these parts!

John is seems was warned for being a naughty boy, speaking his mind and posting an image (http://i.qkme.me/5h6e.jpg) that offended certain mods. It certainly under no circumstances can be classed as being offensive, even during Victorian times(!) however it seems to have touched a raw nerve and upset the sensibilities of the inner clique!

It really gets on my goat that posters of a certain political persuasion seem to get away with insulting all and sundry without it seems ever being warned or banned. Coincidence or conspiracy? Seems to me to be quite obvious which one, particularly if one presumes that the various 'moderators' are in total agreement with what has been posted! Moderators unbiased? My pigsty!

You Mark responded to a 'pm' that I sent to you stating that 'starter' told you that he had edited a post from John and I quote from your pm at 25th Feb 12 00:36: "He removed some bad language / swearing, that is all."

That is a complete falsehood and if you had bothered to ask John, I'm sure he would have agreed as well, however you of course it seems that you only talked to 'starter', "Hmmmm I was only following orders, honest!" (I'll try and get away with the Nuremberg defence here, oh and by the way don't mention the war!).

Another poster picked up on the edit also and it seems that he has now been banned as well, how convenient!. Ho hum!

I'll say it again, if you post comments, that a moderator, irrespective of who they are, where they live and what their political views are agrees with you, nothing will happen, it seems it doesn't matter if these posts contain falsehoods or personal insults as long as the moderator agree with those sentiments, all is sweet and ok. This to my way of thinking is the only way that certain posters can get away with their insults without it seems any action being taken against them.

I also sent you Mark a 'pm' in reply to your post about you thinking of "Banning Political Posts", sounds like a great idea, one less avenue for the nutters out there to voice their obscene comments and views.
    Needless to say you didn't bother to respond, which also makes me think that you, or your so called 'moderators' actually agree with the majority of what is posted, deny that or just take the easy way out and 'ban me' because I don't happen to agree with your 'red neck' views?

So monadvspec was banned as he had previously been banned under another user id. Well how particularly convenient that was... One still has to ask the question as to how certain other 'posters' can get away with posting their insults with it seems impunity.

It really gets on my goat that posters of a certain political persuasion seem to get away with insulting all and sundry without it seems ever being warned or banned. Coincidence or conspiracy? Seems to me to be quite obvious which one.

I'll say it again, if you post comments that a moderator, irrespective of who they, where they live and what their political views are, agrees with you, nothing will happen, it seems it doesn't matter if these posts contain falsehoods or personal insults as long as I (being the moderator) agree with those sentiments, all is sweet and ok. This to my way of thinking is the only way that certain posters can get away with their insults without it seems any action being taken against them.

As I have said previously both in public posts and privately via 'pm's make me a 'moderator' please, I'll sort out the REAL troublemakers on here and make this part of the forum live up to the message that underscores the Chit Chat heading: "A forum for talking about absolutely anything, the only restriction is that you keep it clean, this is a family forum".

Not going to happen in my lifetime is it?

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Camelopard
    It would seem that monadvspec was banned for the heinous crime of having been banned previously under a different userid, no such thing as rehabilitation in these parts!
    It is possible to come back from a ban, if after a period of time you contact me directly, say that you wish to return under your previous name and then I'll consider it. Posts made under your new username will not be considered, the ban will be applied.

What you do not do, is after you've been banned start an email hate campaign lasting several months, threaten legal action unless you get reinstated and then open a new account pretending to be someone else. A banned member remains banned no matter how many new accounts they may open - they may evade detection for a while but this doesn't not change this fact.

PS, your post repeats itself, copy+paste error?

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Wow your reply was quick, I hadn't even time to correct my post. This subject a bit touchy perhaps?

Yes it was a copy and paste error, I hope I have fixed it, you seem well in control of this thread but not previous posts/threads, coincidence?

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Camelopard
    Yes a copy and paste error, I hope I have fixed it, you seem well in control of this but not previous posts/threads, coincidence?
    How do you mean?

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    How do you mean?
    Contact 'starter', I'm sure he can fill you in on all the gory details.....................................

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    There are obviously cliques of members that have similar opinions and believe that vociferous debating gives them more rights than normal members: it doesn't.

In recent years, the Chit Chat forum has gradually become polluted with this type of Gruella posting on certain topics. It isn't debating any more but just a gruelling test of which side can be the loudest and most prolific on threads involving Government, religion Guns etc.

This is not the fault of the Moderators but the members. It' the members who control the quality and content of a forum. All the Mods do is gradually nudge things back onto a more civil basis or occasionally remove negative and destructive influences. They don't get paid just as nobody parts with money to be a member here. They may make mistakes but overwhelmingly do their level best, in my opinion, to moderate in a diligent, honest and even handed manner.

I would be very surprised if Starter was a liar. It's more likely emotions and standpoint on certain subjects suggests he's against you when in fact; he's just doing the job.

However, if you have strong feelings on the matter, you should stand by your principles and find a forum more in line with your ethical persuasion. Before doing this, I suggest you hold a mirror up and carefully consider if this is not the storm in a tea cup I mentioned on the other thread. Is the whole issue being clouded by emotion and as members; have all concerned acted in a way that exacerbated the issues?
    Knockie. go to this link or read the words quoted in my previous post Joseph Ducreux - the english language you fornicator of matriarchs are you f.
    Read it.
    tell me if it is profanity.

The advice which is basically "go away' is great, thank you for your thoughts. I had to a large extent after the americans screamed enough insults back when the Iraq war started. Oddly that is what they always scream. Love it or leave it.

Now after reading the silly "meme" at the link I so generously provided, and see that it is definately not profanity as Starter said but rather flowery parody, what do you say about Starter claim that it was? If its not, then his claim is what? A..... it's a 3 letter word, come on, ... first letter L.......
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat