Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2 wheel drive in BRC

Imagine Kielder ,200+ entries ,several works cars , clark , brookes,vatanen,airikkala , dawson,fowkes, alen,pond , no not the WRC , it had not been invented.
    This was the Lindisfarne.
    You could get a works replica from Tony Drummond , Andy Dawson etc and run at the front.
    The real killer was get there early or have to walk miles ,if a car went off there were always spectators to assist.
    Noise , great entry and big turn out , compare that to now.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Basic mumbling about how everything was better "back in the old days". More competition, more cars, more spectators, more action, more everything... Except crowd control. Even though some part may be true - the fact is that it's mostly illusion. Memories grow sweeter with time. Waiting to see the final results if you weren't able to visit the rally HQ... Several days waiting for the newspaper/magazine. Now we just reach for our iPhones and go to ewrc-results. I wonder what happened to car #75... Now we have dozens of Youtube videos, comments and photos. Back then, you didn't know - except if you managed to hear it from someone.

I'm very satisfied with modern rallying, hell, I wouldn't be an enthusiast if I wouldn't be satisfied! Usually if I don't like some food I stop eating it. Maybe some people should stop following rallying, because it seems to cause more aches than pleasure. Well - I guess bashing modern rallying is a hobby itself. Who am I to judge.
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    fact is there were larger crowds , larger entries and more diverse sponsors . you did not need a factory car to win .manufacturers could also sell RS' fords,hs chevettes ,Dolomite Sprints so they got a return . The Loeb edition Citroen sums up how things have changed.
    WRC is excellent , IRC is competitive but below that the recession and a general lack of interest in the UK have been a problem.
    Two years ago the MSA championship had 10+ WRC cars , the championship went in 2010 and the cars i assume are in someones garage.
    I repeat noise , close competition and sliding are the way forward. As an avid bike fan the BSB with non-works machines and basic electronics package have proved the way to go.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts