Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    There will only be 1 207 this year as far as i know, Hein Lategan will drive.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Nice Polo, they should give one to Ogier, so he can drive VW and NOT Skoda i WRC!!

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    This car is not internationally homologated. New 2.0N/A S2000 cars were allowed for homologation only up to December 2010.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant_RSA
    There will only be 1 207 this year as far as i know, Hein Lategan will drive.
    This is the story I've heard but something popped up on twitter this morning where someone said the second 207 might go to Henk Lategan, Hein's son, who did have a S2000 Polo lined up. We'll only know once the season starts.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

It makes sense to run 2 of the same car out of their workshop, however i think budget will play a big part.. if Henk is in the 207 means he must run S2000 and not the cup,

I am not sure what cost savings there are for the cup class... like you said, lets wait and see, 2 weeks today were rallying.

Lots of short bursts of flash-flood-like heavy rain since the weekend, the roads are taking a pounding. Already the 1st stage has a bridge washed away less than 200m into it! Hope they can fix it in time.

Get your spade out Bruce

What usually happens to those roads with a lot of rain?

Normally they are fine and can handle the rain well. But this rain is like nothing I've seen. It's bone dry during the day with bright sunshine, then during the night we get sudden downpours of about 60mm in 30min or so. And Sunday I've never seen so much rain fall in such a short time. I spoke to my father last night (he's the route director) and he says the stages are ok, it's only the bridge on Montevideo that's washed away and my understanding of it is that it's right near the beginning of the stage and they could always start the stage from the spectator point about 2km down the road, although that would be a nightmare to organise with how popular that spectator point is.

Good to know , lets just hope the new qualifying story doesnt see us first on the road :-/

Well, to my knowledge the qualifying stage is going to be the run through part of the Durban superspecial, so it's going to be a lottery. My father and I were discussing this the other day. If it's dry you really want to run about 4-6 on the road, if it's wet you want to run about 2-3. It's going to be tricky.