Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    That`s nice to hear/read

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    from WRR on facebook:

A message from World Rally Radio

We’re sorry we have not been able to explain until now why Becs and Colin are no longer broadcasting on the station. Each told us after Monte Carlo that they did not want to continue, and after many years this is sad but understandable. However, we did make strenuous efforts to persuade them to stay, and hoped up to the very last moment that this would still be possible. Sadly, it is not: they are each pursuing their own new challenges, and we thank them both for what they did, and wish them well.

We hope you will welcome the new personnel who join Chris Rawes in bringing World Rally Radio to you. The same interviews, reports, analysis and style, the same minute-by-minute, stage-by-stage coverage from one of the most exciting sports in the world.

That hasn’t changed and won’t, and we hope that you’ll enjoy our coverage from Sweden and the rest of the season.

World Rally Radio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And not to miss Colin's comment on that page:

"Guys, let me tell you, I live for rallying. It is my absolute passion in life and there is no way I’d just walk away from what I have very often described as the best job in the world. The circumstances are so much more complicated than this statement suggest and I really hope that very soon I can be back on air giving all you lovely fans what you really want to hear. Huge thanks for your continuing support."

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bretddog
    And not to miss Colin's comment on that page:

"Guys, let me tell you, I live for rallying. It is my absolute passion in life and there is no way I’d just walk away from what I have very often described as the best job in the world. The circumstances are so much more complicated than this statement suggest and I really hope that very soon I can be back on air giving all you lovely fans what you really want to hear. Huge thanks for your continuing support."
    This official WRR press release was politically too correct, so I couldn't buy it at all. Something different is hiding behind the covers. Thanks for sharing this as it bring more light into the matter but still many questions are unanswered.

Liked 60 Times in 27 Posts
    Judging by the WRR coverage from Sweden so far, who actually misses the old line-up? No pillow talk or other nonsense this time, just pure rallying.

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Miika
    Judging by the WRR coverage from Sweden so far, who actually misses the old line-up? No pillow talk or other nonsense this time, just pure rallying.
    Different style, but very informative. I dont know who the stage end reporter is or his background, but hearing him giving stage times and using the word decimal when giving the fractions reminds me of listening to team radio scanners back in the 1990's. Less entertaining trivia but very informative on the rally itself.
    I am very much looking forward to Colin Clark on Motors TV, as I always thought he should be doing tv comms instead of Paul King.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Boring as heck.. Like a broken record. Hurts my brain already, after the first stage...

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    This official WRR press release was politically too correct, so I couldn't buy it at all. Something different is hiding behind the covers. Thanks for sharing this as it bring more light into the matter but still many questions are unanswered.
    I believe the duo jumped the ship with plans to be on air for someone else than WRR but something went wrong from their point of view and they can't air anything at least for now.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am now satisfied with WRR and have listened all day what I did not do before.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    hrmm.... yes it different... it's a change... but would be good to have the two back... 10 years guys... that's how long i've been listening for... but its good... but get them back haha
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"