Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Sure not. I think that it has more to do with fact Škoda Italia is running three cars in Turkey this weekend so maybe Mikkelsens car is full factory including service crew.
    No there trucks have been here since the weekend.look lads the whole flag thing is a sensitive issue round these parts all I'll say is let sleeping dogs lie and let's keep it rallying not political

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto
    No there trucks have been here since the weekend.look lads the whole flag thing is a sensitive issue round these parts all I'll say is let sleeping dogs lie and let's keep it rallying not political
    Yeah, they definately wont want a car covered in the Union Flag running around Belfast, especially if it ends up winning the rally and getting all the publicity !

They forgot about the helmets though

Andreas Mikkelsen might not like the taste of Guinness, but he’s certainly got a fancy for Irish black Tarmac – as the ŠKODA UK Motorsport driver set the fastest time on the Circuit of Ireland shakedown stage.

Together with co-driver Ola Fløene, who is now almost fully recovered from a nasty bout of ‘flu, Andreas did a total of six runs over the 3.35 mile (5.4km) stage, which was located on the outskirts of the event’s host city of Armagh.

Andreas was one of the first drivers onto the shakedown stage when it opened at 18.30, and the last to leave when it closed three hours later – underlining the determination and effort he and the ŠKODA UK Motorsport team are putting in to try and win the third round of the 2012 Intercontinental Rally Challenge.

“The first run was dry, but after the second it started to rain, so we tried different tyre compounds in the different conditions,” explained Andreas. “Everything is very good and I’m quite happy.”
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    @Pinto - nobody was getting political, but now you've turned it that way! All I'd say is that if Skoda UK chose to change the livery themselves then fair enough, but if they were asked by someone else to change it for fear of offending the natives then it's a bit pathetic really. What next? Get rid of the Union Jack next to the drivers/co-drivers name on the window? It's just a flag for pity's sake! And now it will be harder for the spectators who don't know quite as much to distinguish between the 4 Skoda drivers - just seems odd in my opinion.

What is happening with the drivers in the Irish Tarmac Championship, are they running in the rally or not ?

It would be great to see the top 5 drivers in their WRC machines...

1 DARREN GASS (SUBARU)

2 EUGENE DONNELLY (MINI WRC)

3 GARRY JENNINGS (MITSUBISHI EVO)

4 TIM McNULTY (SUBARU)

5 DEREK McGARRITY (SUBARU)
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Live Results

Sporttraxx Timing

Its ok the Irish National rally is running after the International cars featuring:

101 Derek MCGARRITY Mini Countryman WRC 9A

102 Eugene DONNELLY Toyota Corolla WRC 9A

103 Darren GASS Subaru Impreza S10 9A

N 104 Kenny MCKINSTRY Subaru Impreza 9A

N 107 Steve PEREZ Ford Focus WRC 9A

N 108 Stuart BIGGERSTAFF Subaru Impreza

#M-SPORTER

‏ @rallyeinfo_com @SKODAMotorsport Why the change of livery for Andreas this weekend?

@SKODAMotorsport @rallyeinfo_com We're running all three factory SKODAs in the same livery as a bit of experiment. Which do you prefer, old or new?
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Day 1 - Start List

Juho Hänninen will be first on the road when Circuit of Ireland gets under way this afternoon.

The cars run at 1 minute intervals.

Here's the running order

Hänninen, Mikkelsen, Kopecky, Breen, Fisher, Wiegand, Barrable, Jennings, Arzeno, Kelly, McCormack, Ring, Greer, Barry, Sam Moffett, Josh Moffett, Doyle, Krozser, Cansani, Mark Donnelly, Carmichael, Mavitty, Martin Donnelly, Tony Jardine, McMahon, Byrne, Ballantine, O'Connro, McGonigle, Carney, Agnew, Wood, Beattie, Ingram, Taylor

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    Finally the GPS website works (and my dreams about google earth maps comes true too ): Circuit of Ireland
    ...and thanks to Google street view you can see who parked his car in front of one of those Belfast pubs :-D
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh
    Finally the GPS website works (and it my dreams about google earth maps comes true too ): Circuit of Ireland
    If this works: AWESOME!!!
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.