Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I conspired to remain sober at a recent family wedding.
    Unfortunately I fell some considerable way short of my goal and ended up being quite severly beaten by Mrs Oaf when she discovered me having a slash in the wardrobe at 2.30 in the morning.
    I hope this helps
    (takes up position on stairs and fixes eyes on letterbox anticipating the imminent arrival of £5.00 postal order)
    Oh golly Oh gosh Had a lie on the couch with a nice bit o' posh from Burnham-On-Crouch:mad:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think we do all enjoy a good conspiracy theory. It's good to be suspicious of what you hear and read.

9/11: I think the terrorists were just very, very lucky that their plan, for the most part, came off. However, the one that didn't make its target, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to have been shot down.

JFK: A conspiracy by definition. By JFK's movements, and by the police officers' testimony I believe it wasn't a lone gunman, but who knows how far the plan went?

Elvis: He's definitely dead. I know because he used to work renting out deck chairs on the beach here, and he told me.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Good thread Hazell. I tend to believe that **** happens and people should get the **** over it
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fandango
    I think we do all enjoy a good conspiracy theory. It's good to be suspicious of what you hear and read.

9/11: I think the terrorists were just very, very lucky that their plan, for the most part, came off. However, the one that didn't make its target, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to have been shot down.
    3/11: it was ETA !
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I think that conspiracy theories are unavoidable. I also think that they can be immensely funny. The Diana coverage in the Express is hilarious.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Very true

There's Ivan's obsession with that 9/11 video which shows that building collapsing as well
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    Today there's much talk on the BBC about the death of Princess Diana and the 'was he, wasn't he?' drink drive theories on her driver.

I'm not asking if there is/was a conspiracy, but what I'd like to know is would we rather find out that there was or wasn't when the truth comes out?

Would we like the moon landings, 9/11, JFK's death and all the others to really be huge stories made up and messed with, or just plain truths as we were told them? Thousands of small conspiracy theories have proved to be correct, thousands plain rubbish. I remember many years ago a tabloid saying Rock Hudson was gay and it being shot down by 'serious' newspapers. They don't look so clever now, do they? :

Are we, as humans, looking for conspiracy for the thrill of the chase, or because it really exists?

I guess part of what I'm asking is - why do we instantly believe the media's side most of the time when we have no proof either way?
    1. It sells newspapers
    2. We are a funny lot, humans
    3. We are always wanting more than there actually is
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    its not that we enjoy conspiracy.. its just that we want it, and we want a reason for everything.. we never want to believe things can be that simple.. there is always something about it, that is hidden.. not told to us..

for newspapers yeah its just to sell, for us its somethin interesting to read and then wonder wat the truth is.. without it we cant be satisfied..
    :bounce: Go Mikko :bounce: Go Petter :bounce:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    But without Diana conspiracy theories, what would the Daily Express have to talk about? ...
    Don't be silly - there is still the sudden crash of house prices that will lead to higher cancer rates (and of course the flood of immigrants - Hurrah for the blackshirts!)

[Serious post]
    I think the main reason why we love conspiricy theories is a legacy from the cold war.
    [/Serious post]

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I think that conspiracy theories are unavoidable. I also think that they can be immensely funny. The Diana coverage in the Express is hilarious.
    Actually, the whole of the Daily Express is hilarious. Except the comic strips.
    Flonkkkk.