Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wife be damned, I think the Indy 500 is the only race he wants to be in.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Let him do the road and street courses and hire Vitor Meira for the ovals. (Assuming the wife cannot be convinced.)
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Vitor Meira is a very good oval racer, he also deserves a full time ride. Just fire E.J. Viso and try to get a team with three Brazilians. Tony Kanaan, Rubens Barrichello and Vitor Meira would be a good team. Kanaan is good on both, Barrichello has A LOT of road racing experience, and Vitor proved already a while ago he's a great oval racer. Viso simply sucks, but brings a lot of money which is probably the reason they keep him.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really really want him to get a full time seat. He has no oval experience but he'll learn. He's not really any older than Franchitti. I'm sure there are race wins in him once he gets used to the cars.

If he's promised his wife he won't race on ovals then that's unlikely though. Frankly I'm still a little nervous thinking about watching it again...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well, from what I just heard... He promised his wife to never start driving in IndyCar in common; so it doesn't matter if it's on ovals or road courses. I think he might have had a talk with his wife about this, and probably he got permission.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Call me unreasonable, but I think that it could be a good thing that Barrichello will not be racing on ovals. At his advanced age and experience level, it's not clear whether he needs to take any unnecessary risks when the rewards are likely small, considering his limited or no experience on the ovals.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I really think sports car racing would be the better choice. At his age and experience level, I suspect he's lost what Bob Seger called "the fire down below" that would get him to the front. In sports cars being quick and consistent is more important that being willing to take a chance.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I hope he comes to IndyCar... A former F1 driver is what IndyCar needs I think. Sao Paulo might be sold out, if he will drive there.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hmmm, Let's see Ru-beans or Viso?

That's a tough call..........

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
    Hmmm, Let's see Ru-beans or Viso?

That's a tough call..........
    I think Viso is a done deal with PDVSA/CITGO money. Rubens might get a third car.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”