Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2007 Overall Pickems Champion
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Wink

I doubt anyone can steal the GP2 title from Valsecchi this year. In his 5th year in the main series he can finally clinch the top prize. Though I can't see him in Formula 1.

A man to watch this year in Valsecchi's team-mate, Felipe Nasr. He has the right age, the momentum and access to proper funding. I predict Nasr to land the GP2 title in 2013 and a Formula 1 drive in 2014 or earlier.
    "Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus"
    http://rallyeracing.wordpress.com/

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Valsecchi is indeed comfortably controlling the series. However, I remember him winning GP2 Asia championship back in 2010 for iSport, but once the European season began, he dropped into the midfield. So perhaps the Asian circuits suit him and other drivers still have a hope of outperforming the experienced Italian during the rest of the season. In any case, they have some serious catching to do now...

Nasr is indeed impressive, but perhaps due to lack of experience the feature races haven't gone well for him so far. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts outperforming Valsecchi from mid-season onwards.

Pleased to see Rio Haryanto going well this weekend. Ericsson has opened his point-score, but is still far from showing anything special. Quite an unusual sight to see Barwa Addax among backmarkers in the team's championship. Well, this is the cost of hiring underwhelming drivers... Though I would expect much more from Clos, perhaps he will improve during the European season.

Overall I'm still intrigued by the fact that two former Caterham reserve and GP2 drivers are going so well, especially as they have never looked that promising before. Perhaps being part of Caterham driver development program was really useful for their personal development.

Valsecchi in F1? He could well face the fate of his fellow countryman Pantano... I don't know his budget - if he can find necessary budget, he may land a seat in F1. Otherwise unlikely.

Gracias to each

Hello to human being on this handsome forum. Meet me start myself. I am connoisseur and i am running this website : yayin Waiting benefit of all these friends. King Regards

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    In Barcelona races the winners were Van der Garde and Razia. Valsecchi is still at the top of the table and is title favourite.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Meantime the situation in GP2 has changed quite a fair bit. Like in 2010, Valsecchi has dropped backwards after the Asian season. Razia is gradually taking control, but he isn't particularly convincing either. Let's see if someone else manages to threaten the championship lead during the rest of the season, for instance the Lotus duo.

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Nonetheless Valsecchi was crowned champion of the season despite the menace of Razia. But now Davide is in a similar situation to Pantano after 2008, where will he go? It seems no F1 team has interest in him... Razia could have more luck on that, and surely Gutiérrez.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There are only so many seats in F1 and it already looks like some pretty good established drivers have little chance of a 2013 seat. I don't really see why the GP2 champion should automatically get an F1 seat the following year, particularly if it's someone who's been in the series, often at top teams, for many years. I just think it's a shame that A1GP died and IRL's in difficulty (even WTCC isn't what it was) as there are a lot of drivers such as Valsecchi and Razia who deserve a home somewhere but are probably just going to fade into obscurity now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree that One of pre-season favourites for the title is struggling

Liked 124 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marathonboats View Post
    I agree that One of pre-season favourites for the title is struggling
    Is there a reason why you commented in the present tense on a thread about 2012 GP2?