Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    It's a shame to see a team like Williams, a once constructor's champion with multple WDC's having sunk to this level of having two pay drivers. While I think Bruno Senna will be a good addition to the team, I really can't see anywhere but down for William's. They'll be fighting with Caterham this year I reckon, that is if they are lucky. They made some changes this year but if this is the road they are taking, I don't see any improvements happening quickly.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    This is a good signing for Williams, Senna will do well.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartf12007
    This is a good signing for Williams, Senna will do well.
    Just like he did for HRT and Lotus Renault. Oh wait, he actually wasn't doing that good.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    If we have to have 2 threads on this, here is my original post:

I beat ya to it Koz ner ner ner ner
    http://www.motorsportforums.com/f1/1...tml#post998672
    Yesterday 21:12
    Autosprint said Senna has amassed an impressive EUR14 million in major Brazilian sponsorship, including OGX, an oil giant headed by billionaire Eike Batista.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Greg Murphy hands over his #51 plate « « Speedcafe Booths Speedcafe Booths
    People were quite disappointed and upset, so we applied to Paul Morris to see if we could lease it for GMR.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If, as was suggested above Williams has hit rock bottom then the only way is up. I guarantee this season will be better, particularly towards the end of season. As far as Frank just wanting to be in F1 - you dont know how wrong you are.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    Sutil may well be going to jail, and even if he isn't its hardly good publicity. Rubens definately is not getting any quicker, he might say his motivation is still there, but I think he's given all he can give and in his time there so far hasn't moved the team forward.

Senna may not be the second coming, but his name means exposure, he does come with some money and he is a decent driver with a real chance of improving when given a proper pre season, testing and a safe seat. In the position they were in, I think only Sutil would have been a better driver option, but all the crap he is bringing negates a lot of that. However, this is Senna's last and only chance to prove he belongs. He has a proper chance in a half decent car for a whole season. I will judge him based on that, rather than the aborted previous seasons in a dog of a car and a part season in a rapidally declining car.

Yes, what he said. Some sense in a world of chatter.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shazbot
    If, as was suggested above Williams has hit rock bottom then the only way is up. I guarantee this season will be better, particularly towards the end of season. As far as Frank just wanting to be in F1 - you dont know how wrong you are.
    Oh, come on, that is just wishful thinking.

Williams are doing everything to can to use spare change from Cosworth... All their drivers, save Rosberg and Rubens, paying for their drives since 2007...
    Now hiring Spygate...

Williams is desperate, the lion senses the end is near.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    Oh, come on, that is just wishful thinking.

Williams are doing everything to can to use spare change from Cosworth... All their drivers, save Rosberg and Rubens, paying for their drives since 2007...
    Now hiring Spygate...

Williams is desperate, the lion senses the end is near.
    Yes you're right. What could I possibly know? Thanks for correcting me. Can you edit your second sentance - doesn't really make sense.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I agree with Robinho. It's not a bad decision considering Williams's other options. They are giving a young pilot a chance while still keeping the Brazilian sponsors interested. It's a good tradeoff. I would disagree about Williams only wanting to have drivers with good sponsors. It seems like they were interested in hiring Kimi Raikkonen. I am sure they would have considered someone like Webber or Massa, if only those or similar drivers were interested in moving to a team two tiers below their current team.

Williams's biggest downfall comes from the fact that they decided not to be a factory team. Every team that was doing well in the last 10 years, except for Brawn in 2009 and McLaren after Mercedes Benz divestment, was a factory team or a global brand corporate team (e.g. RedBull). It's very tough and unpredictable sport for the privateers.