Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    As Dave pointed out earlier Williams have always made an operating profit. WGPE were formed in 1977 and you only need to look at the number of teams that have failed in that time, and those who have survived, to realise what an achievement that is, never mind the success they've had.

Still, that success was some time ago but it's not Ferrari drought proportions!! That lasted 21yrs (between WDCs) so 2018 will be a key year for Williams
    You're right, but we aren't just talking about any minnows team ,are we?

Ferrari still had relative success during these years. They were winning, and finishing on the podium throughout these years.

WIlliams on the other hand has not had a podium in 3 years nor a win in 7.
    Their decline has been steady since BMW pulled out.

A more appropriate analogy would be Team Lotus' decline and demise.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    No, that's true. Still I for one am not writing Williams off mokin:
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Santandar isn't a personal sponsor of Alonso's.

Santander clearly want to associate with Alonso as they began sponsoring McLaren. Does that make him a pay driver?
    You can't be much more personal than Santander is to Alonso. I mean they paid over 20 million euros just to get their man the seat and kick Kimi out. That's a fact.

To me Williams should have signed Sutil but compared to the rest, Senna is a decent choice who did very well in Gp2 and has shown flashes of brilliance, for example Spa last year.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shazbot
    If, as was suggested above Williams has hit rock bottom then the only way is up. I guarantee this season will be better, particularly towards the end of season. As far as Frank just wanting to be in F1 - you dont know how wrong you are.
    I believe that this season will be far worse and the team might be sold or in real jeopardy by the end of the year
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz

Ferrari still had relative success during these years. They were winning, and finishing on the podium throughout these years.

WIlliams on the other hand has not had a podium in 3 years nor a win in 7.
    Their decline has been steady since BMW pulled out.

A more appropriate analogy would be Team Lotus' decline and demise.
    also reminds me of the last days of the Tyrrell team- the ocasional glimmer of hope but then nothing happens with it. There have been a few glimmers in recent years- a win for Rosberg in Singapore was possible until he blew the pit exit.

The 2012 line up doesn't excite me at all- not a fan of either particularly. It's sad to see them doing this badly- hopefully Sky will show footage from years gone by and I can at least remind myself of the days when Williams used to win races- since there's bugger all chance of it happening again

As a Williams supporter since Alan Jones days I'd love to see them at the front again

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    I believe that this season will be far worse and the team might be sold or in real jeopardy by the end of the year
    I bet you one whole dollar that you are wrong. The $ amount is insignifacant before anyone picks up on that as a measure of my belief in the team. Just making a point!