Page 446 of 525 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448456496 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 5242
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    In addition to that, a side driver helping «*directly*» or «*indirectly*» his lead driver is not always visible by the points taken to other title challengers.
    In terms of drivers having been a good help for his lead driver, one of the 1st name coming to my mind (in addition to Sordo 2008 in Catalunya) is Evans in 2018 with M-Sport. Without him giving better road position, giving some points, worsening Neuville’s comparative road position to Ogier after the Belgian’s road position + the Catalunya stuff, I’m not sure at all Ogier would have won the title.
    We can also evoke Burns’ 2001 title with a bit of help from Martin and Solberg in Corsica.

When the fight is tight for the title, a good side driver in the team can always be an important help for one thing or another at one moment.
    It is not absolutely necessary to win (Loeb or Ogier could have won the majority of their driver titles even with Serderidis or Bertelli or Al Qassimi as side driver in Citroen; we can also quote Meeke and Latvala who were quite inefficient during the season where Tanak won his title, at another level than Serderidis for sure) but sometimes, it helps.
    However, it’s difficult to know which side driver will be effective because it’s a lot a question of opportunity of being in the mix at a given moment (and not a question of just being overall good even if it improves the probability).
    Last edited by Danny0405; 15th December 2022 at 13:06.

2. Likes: becher (15th December 2022)
    M-Sport officially announced full-time season for Loubet (EDIT: announced before sorry)
    I’m not sure about his potential as he has a lot of experience on WRC events and his current hype is a bit driven by the failures of other M-Sport drivers last year, but we cannot criticize to see a young driver with a full-time seat in the current situation.
    So good to see him with a good opportunity and in the end, except maybe Lindholm, there is not really another youngsters deserving more the opportunity.
    Considering the announcement, probably some backing brought by him.

A bit surprised about Greensmith still not being announced. And if the rumors about Toyota were true? Maybe is he reluctant about the «*All for Ott*» policy?
    Or just the contract terms being discussed?
    Last edited by Danny0405; 15th December 2022 at 13:16.

Liked 135 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post

A bit surprised about Greensmith still not being announced. And if the rumors about Toyota were true? Maybe is he reluctant about the «*All for Ott*» policy?
    Possibly due to Tanak and Loubet the price to be named official M-Sport driver has rosen and that has put some negotiations on hold?

5. Likes: cali (15th December 2022)
    Liked 9,337 Times in 4,957 Posts
    Great news for Loubet and a reward for the improvement he showed in 2022.

Liked 486 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post
    Isn't the case with Greensmith rather than if he has the funds to drive. As I have understood, he has been a pay driver and if he has some funds I think M-Sport will welcome him with open hands. Or has the price for pay drive also risen? Or is Greensmith trying to have the Yaris?

Really happy for Loubet though

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    Isn't the case with Greensmith rather than if he has the funds to drive. As I have understood, he has been a pay driver and if he has some funds I think M-Sport will welcome him with open hands. Or has the price for pay drive also risen? Or is Greensmith trying to have the Yaris?

Really happy for Loubet though
    I think Greensmith funds his whole campaign, it isn't even like he brings some partners or partial payment. He effectively does what someone like Bertelli did. So if he can't pay for the car he won't be in the team

Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    I think Greensmith funds his whole campaign, it isn't even like he brings some partners or partial payment. He effectively does what someone like Bertelli did. So if he can't pay for the car he won't be in the team
    Well, for sure, considering his poor season, Greensmith has to pay for everything (whereas Loubet probably pays partially only). But except if the family has cut the spendings (possible), I don’t think it’s a big issue.
    I would more see a question about being the guarantee to make it in good conditions; it’s a bit of difference between Bertelli and Greensmith there; I don’t think Bertelli ever thought he could compete for podiums at least (while Greensmith, even if he needs favorable conditions, could)
    With the «*all for Ott*» strategy and limited testing days (and probably a lot taken by Ott), maybe there is a point about this and apparently, the testing will be simpler for privateer. So if he can pay for the Toyota, he may do less rallies but in better conditions maybe (with even more road position advantages).

Loubet’s situation is different; he has some good backing but not something that would allow sensibly to pay the Toyota which is very expensive so it is M-Sport or nothing.
    Last edited by Danny0405; 15th December 2022 at 15:46.

Liked 598 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    I'd expect some discount when fulfilling m-sport's obligations, Bertelli never did drive 'M' like Gus. Would expect Loubet to have done the same for 2023.

Liked 2,115 Times in 914 Posts
    so RedBull isn't on the cars anymore..? As neither Tanak or Loubet(+ Gus) aren't RB athletes..

Liked 1,460 Times in 834 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    so RedBull isn't on the cars anymore..? As neither Tanak or Loubet(+ Gus) aren't RB athletes..
    If Loeb isn't there next season, that seems to be the case, shame, loved their livery.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig