Page 426 of 525 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 5242
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manthey View Post
    Very interesting if they can adapt the car totally to Tanak's driving preferences

Can they use jokers as a team on the Puma?
    You mean they could take the Puma and develop it into their own direction with their own jokers? For sure no. Conversely, when M-Sport would issue a new homologation joker, they would have to buy those parts from M-Sport.

2. Likes: pantealex (22nd November 2022)
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    The budget for that kind of a project isn't just "one million for buying a Puma, x million for Tänak's salary". The car has to be run and someone has to pay for it. And most importantly the testing and development. RedGrey isn't a factory team, it doesn't fund itself, it is just an operator that needs support from a paying customer. I can see the benefit from Tänak putting in money in this project to employ his own team and get some of the money "back" that way, but still that money has to come from somewhere.

Usually when drivers pay to be an M-Sport driver it's investing for a future career, to be later a factory driver with salary to get return for that investment. But in Tänak's case there's no need for that.
    But what is a solid budget for a Rally1 team nowadays (including PET etc?)? Perhaps it is a small sum for Monster for supporting Red Gray at its fullest?

Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    The budget for that kind of a project isn't just "one million for buying a Puma, x million for Tänak's salary". The car has to be run and someone has to pay for it. And most importantly the testing and development. RedGrey isn't a factory team, it doesn't fund itself, it is just an operator that needs support from a paying customer. I can see the benefit from Tänak putting in money in this project to employ his own team and get some of the money "back" that way, but still that money has to come from somewhere.

Usually when drivers pay to be an M-Sport driver it's investing for a future career, to be later a factory driver with salary to get return for that investment. But in Tänak's case there's no need for that.
    But in the Tänak's Case he doesnt need to invest in his career anymore, what he needs and wants before ending his career is another world title. So maybe just maybe he is willing to invest some of his own money into this project, M-sport Probably cant pay for him. And also maybe because of Red-Bull they cant Have 2 cars with Huge Monster logos driving in a factory Puma, and maybe that is the reason.
    Think of the promonitonal side to Monster to have a world champion driving with huge Monster logos. Also this will bring focus from all media if a team like this comes to play. Also it will be promotional for the whole series, maybe someone we dont know about is willing to also throw some money into a project like this

Liked 140 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Imho youre not wrong

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk
    Maybe you know more, but from outside it looks exactly like so - either some rallies or no rallies att all in 2023.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    based on the rumour i heard during weekend, i would say no rallies at all in 2023 and maybe even never.

but i really hope this rumour is very wrong this time, i really really do
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

7. Likes: Eli (21st November 2022),pettersolberg29 (21st November 2022)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersX View Post
    Maybe you know more, but from outside it looks exactly like so - either some rallies or no rallies att all in 2023.
    I was wrong once but I tend to believe so now. Nothing specific but the situation at home may not be as good as we think or expect.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manthey View Post
    Very interesting if they can adapt the car totally to Tanak's driving preferences

Can they use jokers as a team on the Puma?
    What are Tanaks driving preferences?
    Are they very different from Solbergs?

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    What are Tanaks driving preferences?
    Are they very different from Solbergs?
    Similar philosophy between them. They often agreed on car direction at Hyundai, but unfortunately they weren't listened to very often...

11. Likes: cali (21st November 2022),EstWRC (21st November 2022),Sulland (21st November 2022),TWRC (21st November 2022)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    I love how serious this Monster Team chat is getting, costing it out and looking up the sport's commercial agreements. This is why I come here, keep it up. We're only really here from a tweet from Solberg in which he drums up hype about a new line of merch and another from Ben Const on line-ups which was proven inaccurate by Toyota and Hyundai 24 hours later.

13. Likes: Corcaíoch (21st November 2022),EstWRC (21st November 2022),flat_right (21st November 2022),pettersolberg29 (21st November 2022),steve.mandzij (21st November 2022),TWRC (21st November 2022)
    Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    I love how serious this Monster Team chat is getting, costing it out and looking up the sport's commercial agreements. This is why I come here, keep it up. We're only really here from a tweet from Solberg in which he drums up hype about a new line of merch and another from Ben Const on line-ups which was proven inaccurate by Toyota and Hyundai 24 hours later.
    There is literally a photo of Solberg in the studio recording a podcast with the post where he says "exciting things coming", and yet somehow it's been twisted into this gigantic story! It's just a podcast guys, let's not get carried away.

15. Likes: cali (21st November 2022),EstWRC (21st November 2022),flat_right (21st November 2022),steve.mandzij (21st November 2022),TWRC (21st November 2022)