Page 403 of 525 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 5242
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post
    I wouldn’t blame M-Sport because I think the situation is really not simple for them financially speaking.
    They had to develop a new Rally1 which is probably more expensive (or at least same cost) than the former one with no real possibility to sell or even rent in a massive way.
    In Rally2, they are absolutely nowhere in terms of performance and even Skoda’s logistics issues didn’t convince customers to buy the Fiesta; they are completely reduced to the British market since at least 1 year. And with reduced team, I don’t see them in the game again in the next 2 years.

In Rally4, it’s a little better but they clearly have a huge competition from Renault and Peugeot now who seem to sell more cars now (even if M-Sport is not awful at that).
    I think that, without Rally3 where they are alone for now and which is working better than expected, it will would be really difficult for M-Sport financially.
    And the forecasts are not really positive: with the costs increasing (oil, logistics issues, ...), we clearly see that a lot of customers are more cautious with their spendings.

Without manufacturer support, I’m not sure they can do way better than this. It’s why, on topics about Neuville and Tanak, I’m not sure than suffering a pay cut to go to M-Sport is a good plan (but it’s completely different topic).
    generally true but i see some space for renting the puma, they already did a 5 car round and more are to come... it looks a bit better than with '17 spec fiesta

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Sounds totally like a team that does everything to win (Ford CEO words after visiting them recently).
    The turnaround was was very tight from Portugal to Sardinia, plus M-Sport have done plenty of gravel testing at their base and abroad (unlike Hyundai). Plus I dont see Toyota having a PET either.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Toyota did their earlier in the year
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Toyota did their earlier in the year
    Before Portugal if I remember correctly?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Before Portugal if I remember correctly?
    Yes, between March 22-25. Already before Croatia. Plenty of time to develop the car for gravel.
    Last edited by rp; 31st May 2022 at 17:24.

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    When was the last time Breen drove in Sardinia, or did a technical gravel rally as slow as this?! 2017/18? How are Msport giving their lead driver a chance without a pre event test on the island.

It's not just for car set up, but to help Breen and his driving.

One minute you get this "Msport can't afford" rhetoric as an excuse for them skipping testing/their iffy driver lineup/lack of staff etc, and then Malcolm comes out with quotes about how F1 would always interest Msport and they've got the capacity to get involved.

7. Likes: skarderud (1st June 2022)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    "Best result to date" which it was. Spain was later and without rain. Meeke on Corsica had half rally to go and was just starting to lose time.

Why do you always have to "adjust" the reality a bit?

Like saying Suninen beat Mikkelsen in Rally2? Like when? Here by leading with 15s before getting a puncture on friday stages that Mikkelsen never drove before?

Talk about stretching.
    "Best result to date" would suggest that's the best current result on tarmac for C3, which ofcourse it isn't with Meeke and Loeb wins.

If you read what I wrote, I never once said Mikkelsen had been beaten by Suninen. I said at times he has been shown up in r5s by Suninen, Lappi, Ostberg in terms of pace. Which he has. And these aren't top drivers we are talking about.

I also said he got battered by Neuville and Ogier in the same machinery, again that's a fact.

However despite all that, I said Mikkelsen should still be in the Msport car over Greensmith and Fourmaux. He's a much better driver..., which I also think is a truth do you not?

So I'm not adjusting any reality.

Breen and the Team had plenty to learn from on Rally Portugal and all the driver's said they are happy with the car set-up for gravel.

They only need to cut out their mistakes and car reliability issues to be competitive in Sardinia.
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 1st June 2022 at 09:01.

Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/m-spo...ar-in-finland/
    Well, no real surprise as the rumor was growing. The only point may be if it’s a 5th car: Loubet was supposed to do either Finland or Belgium depending on Huttunen’s entry in Finland. Mistake from dirtfish or may mean Loubet extends his program or Loeb would make Belgium (or maybe Greece instead of Loubet)?

Other information: Fourmaux will do Rallye Vosges in Tarmac French Championship (main championship in France) with a Fiesta Rally2 this weekend.
    Not an easy one against Bonato, Ciamin, Giordano and Gilbert even if the Fiesta is okay on tarmac. Interesting to see.
    Last edited by Danny0405; 6th June 2022 at 14:06.