Page 386 of 525 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 5242
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    You don't get tired with the MSport excuses on why they run a B team over again, huh..?
    ..because Tanak, Ogier, Neuville and Evans have signed contracts and they don't want the all mighty Mikkelsen.

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    I didn't see anyone doubting that, definitely not after Goodwood this year.

What I and many others wonder is how can Ford, after using not insignificant ammount of money, be satisfied with MSport using Greensmith as #2 driver ( and to a lesser extend Breen as #1).

But hey, there is still hope they announce Tanak soon.
    'cause they sell car, not drivers. as strange it may sound in our bubble, general public doesn't care who is driving a car, and also if the car is p1 or p5. it's just wow effect that sells cars. just as the yesterday video. 90% of casual viewers was hit by the car, not by the driver. same (million) people that follow block social media (selling fords not so long ago) never cared about his wrc result. marketing wise 1 mil view on audi electric is many much worth than any ogier title winning clip.

3. Likes: WRC1 (18th December 2021)
    Liked 614 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abcrally View Post
    Anybody still thinks new Puma Rally1 was developed with M-Sport's (private team) money?

No. Ford Performance promised good support when new (Rally1 / Hybrid 2022) regulations were announced.

Ford wouldn't have involved more if the old regs (WRC2017) would have continued.
    I've yet to see the rule that says you can't develop a Rally1 without manufacturer support or approval.

What I and many others wonder is how can Ford, after using not insignificant ammount of money, be satisfied with MSport using Greensmith as #2 driver ( and to a lesser extend Breen as #1).
    I can rely on the Loeb rumours now, what bigger name could Ford want? Doesn't matter really if he's only doing a part-season, they'll get enough clips and images.

But hey, there is still hope they announce Tanak soon.
    This is one rumour I can't rely on.

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    So who will they nominate for manufacturer points? Breen, Loeb and Fourmaux?

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    ..because Tanak, Ogier, Neuville and Evans have signed contracts and they don't want the all mighty Mikkelsen.
    The number of drivers faster than Greensmith is much bigger than those you listed. So is the part of them that didn't have contract when they signed Greensmith.

That is if speed/results was the goal.

7. Likes: pantealex (19th December 2021)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    'cause they sell car, not drivers. as strange it may sound in our bubble, general public doesn't care who is driving a car, and also if the car is p1 or p5. it's just wow effect that sells cars. just as the yesterday video. 90% of casual viewers was hit by the car, not by the driver. same (million) people that follow block social media (selling fords not so long ago) never cared about his wrc result. marketing wise 1 mil view on audi electric is many much worth than any ogier title winning clip.
    I mostly agree with you, but it only goes to a point.

The majority of casual viewers don't care if the car gets 2 wins or 10. But if the car becomes a laughing stock that never got any good result, it spreads Even faster these days than in the past.

If they get some podiums and maybe 1-2 wins per year, that is for sure enough for Ford. (say like 2003-2004 season). But I don't think a season like 2021 would work with a new car.

Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    The number of drivers faster than Greensmith is much bigger than those you listed. So is the part of them that didn't have contract when they signed Greensmith.

That is if speed/results was the goal.
    Get over Greensmith being an M-Sport driver - he is paying and this allows both him and M-Sport to be in WRC.

And they have signed Breen as their choice of 'best of the rest'. Wait and see how this turns out and then criticise.

10. Likes: Essaj (18th December 2021)
    Liked 614 Times in 326 Posts
    "Finally, the M-Ford Team will enter 3 or 4 crews with Ford Puma Hybrid Rally1s, whose names will be officially announced next week."

https://acm.mc/en/edition-en/rallye-...registrations/

12. Likes: AnttiL (18th December 2021)
    Liked 5,565 Times in 2,299 Posts

14. Likes: cali (19th December 2021),pantealex (19th December 2021)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    I mostly agree with you, but it only goes to a point.

The majority of casual viewers don't care if the car gets 2 wins or 10. But if the car becomes a laughing stock that never got any good result, it spreads Even faster these days than in the past.

If they get some podiums and maybe 1-2 wins per year, that is for sure enough for Ford. (say like 2003-2004 season). But I don't think a season like 2021 would work with a new car.
    again. will spread in our bubble. normal people entering their car dealer and seeing a nice pic on the wall, will never know if it was good or not.