Page 355 of 525 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405455 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 5242
    Liked 2,116 Times in 915 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trykmann View Post
    I hope Ogier will rejoin M-Sport for the following season. It would be great, if he would do a partial season with them.
    If he continues like that, I'm quite sure he will do full season next year.. in Toyota

2. Likes: pantealex (25th May 2021),WRC1 (25th May 2021)
    Liked 488 Times in 243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trykmann View Post
    I hope Ogier will rejoin M-Sport for the following season. It would be great, if he would do a partial season with them.
    It would be great, but unfortunately will not happen, because he is dreaming to drive Le Mans and it´s also possible with Toyota...

4. Likes: pantealex (26th May 2021)
    Liked 707 Times in 334 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    A bit of a clickbait title. In the article he actually says:

Anyway there are two things that might work against him

1. As mentioned in the article he drove for MSport last year so they know what to expect.
    He is not driving with them in any form this year and is instead paying WRC2 drives at a different team. Hard to say if that means anything.

2. He does not have many good results on tarmac.
    He did finish 3rd in Germany 2018, but that was after Latvala and Sordo retired on last day. He does have some good stage times, but doesn't seem to be able to connect them.

So if he wants to increase his chances he definitely should drive some tarmac round (Ypres or Spain).

=============================

Dirtfish speculates that MSport could stick with
    Suninen, Fourmaux and Greensmith next year.....

sorry but a lineup of Lappi, Mikkelsen, Fourmaux and Greensmith paying own starts sounds so much better. I'd guess MSport could afford both Lappi and Mikkelsen for the price of Tanak or Ogier.
    I agree, if they could put that line up together, you would expect if the car is competitive that they would get good results.
    Is Mikkelsen still Red Bull? With Fourmaux it could be a good angle..

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Mikkelsen has Red Bull as a personal sponsor (recently got new helmet as well), no idea how big.

I am also not so sure how clean cut it is between Lappi and Suninen. At Monte and Sweden last year Lappi was much faster, but then starting from Mexico Sunninen was faster in all rallies until Monza (Mexico, Estonia, Turkey and Sardinia), typically with a bit better start position. In Monza Suninen got technical issues immediatelly so it wasn't possible to compare.
    Now in Portugal they had same speed on Friday, then on Saturday Lappi pulled away, but they weren't in same car.

But for Suninen at this point, I would say it's a disadvantage that all he ever drove in WRC and partly also in R5 is a Fiesta.
    Last edited by mknight; 25th May 2021 at 18:06.

Liked 9,342 Times in 4,961 Posts
    If they are able to pay for a driver then Lappi is probably the one to go for in 2022, given those who are realistically available. He also has good experience in many teams to help develop the new car.

The top guys are either in contract or retiring and others like Breen very closely associated another team.

Suninen and Mikkelsen can bring some budget, plus Greensmith maybe can do another year of full payment.

Autosport:
    Matton has reiterated that Ford is putting more focus on the WRC and is heavily involved in the development of M-Sport’s 2022 Rally1 car.

“From what I know Ford is deeply involved in the development of the new car and we have a Ford representative in the different working groups, so it shows they are really interested by this new car and the next generation of cars,”

Matton replied, when quizzed if the new rules could entice Ford to become a full WRC manufacturer again.

“They will be very close to M-Sport in the future.”

1999 Focus WRC compared to 2021 Fiesta Rally2:

https://youtu.be/H3H0KKsdKGU

10. Likes: WRC1 (30th June 2021)
    Wide-ranging Rich Millener interview, incl. Safari, Rally 1 car, Covid, costs & Estonia.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4EX...FQ&dl_branch=1

Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Autosport:
    Matton has reiterated that Ford is putting more focus on the WRC and is heavily involved in the development of M-Sport’s 2022 Rally1 car.

“From what I know Ford is deeply involved in the development of the new car and we have a Ford representative in the different working groups, so it shows they are really interested by this new car and the next generation of cars,”

Matton replied, when quizzed if the new rules could entice Ford to become a full WRC manufacturer again.

“They will be very close to M-Sport in the future.”

Without proper drivers, full back means nothing.

13. Likes: AndyRAC (5th July 2021),er88 (5th July 2021),pantealex (7th July 2021),the sniper (5th July 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Without proper drivers, full back means nothing.
    Which 'proper drivers' are available ? Toyota and Hyundai have them all under contract.