Page 23 of 525 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123523 ... LastLast
    Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts

Re: M-Sport Ford World Rally Teams

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasS
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157
    Paddon will be back with M-Sport for a bunch of rounds no doubt. He'll be in Nassers Car when he's off doing other things , funding his own drive or both.
    Is Nasser/Qatar still involved with M-Sport?
    no idea , I'm guessing
    I read that Nasser could run in WRC2 with a Fiesta R5, but nothing confirmed yet

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts

I read he wants full MERC, 5 WRC and some global rallycross. Car is not confirmed, but logically what else than Ford could it be?

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts

Does anybody get the feeling that we could see more financial input from Ford next year? What with Nasser/Qatar money unconfirmed, Novikov and his money disappearing and both Hirvonen and Evans presumably taking a salary rather than bringing big money, surely M-Sport have got some pretty solid funding lined up?

Looking at that facelifted Fiesta, if it is indeed WRC spec, with nothing but its Ford decals, I can't help but wonder if they'll be more involved as a sponsor in 2014. Surely only Ford gain from the car receiving this facelift? If it's not Ford of Europe, does anybody know what kind of sponsorship budget Ford of Britain might have to play with?

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the sniper
    Does anybody get the feeling that we could see more financial input from Ford next year? What with Nasser/Qatar money unconfirmed, Novikov and his money disappearing and both Hirvonen and Evans presumably taking a salary rather than bringing big money, surely M-Sport have got some pretty solid funding lined up?

Looking at that facelifted Fiesta, if it is indeed WRC spec, with nothing but its Ford decals, I can't help but wonder if they'll be more involved as a sponsor in 2014. Surely only Ford gain from the car receiving this facelift? If it's not Ford of Europe, does anybody know what kind of sponsorship budget Ford of Britain might have to play with?
    Yes, that was my thought too. Just speculation, but it seems maybe Ford can see marketing values in renewing sponsorship for MSport, maybe to begin with, just to ensure they can afford decent driver lineup, without screaming out they´re on the train again.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[/quote]I read that Nasser could run in WRC2 with a Fiesta R5, but nothing confirmed yet[/quote]

It could be R5 for Paddon also but he would be aiming higher I'm sure. My thoughts are we'll also see him embedded in the team in a support role . Gravel crew etc.

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts

Mikko will Never be a winner. Happy though that M-sport is the only team to really employ a young talent, sceptical though if Evans is a real talent. I hope I'm wrong there. It will interesting to see the livery of M-sport machine. I doubt either of the drivers are paid salary by M-sport, their drives are free without salary is my prediction, if even that. So where is the money coming from? Maybe previous wins finally invested to season of staying in WRC?

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts

read that Nasser could run in WRC2 with a Fiesta R5, but nothing confirmed yet
    Paddon's NZ PR has been saying he expects 7-8 WRC events and will do recce on all the rallies he isn't competing in.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

He'll have other options I'm sure but M-sport seems to be a logical home for him. He acquitted himself well in Spain and I suspect he gets on well with M-Sport as a personality.
    Since he's scrapped together money from sponsors in NZ I can't imagine him wanting to drive R5 but we'll see. I can't see why Nasser would want to drive an R5 in WRC either ?

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts

Given that Qatar weren't announced as a title sponsor for next year, I assume their logos will only appear on Nasser's car, or if they are on the main team they will be smaller than this year.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Or maybe they will be the same size as they were this year and will appear on all if the cars, but they were not announced at the driver launch because they have not yet come to an agreement with M-Sport.