Page 229 of 523 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 5230
    Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Surely the new aero cant do anything only improve down-force...
    I think maybe the SACHS didnt work as he expected, from memory there was alot on technology in those dampers that was VW proprietary.
    My thoughts exactly, from my understanding it was VW motorsport who mainly used(still uses in WRX) Sachs as a parts supplier and did the majority of development etc. in house.
    Last edited by AMSS; 3rd August 2018 at 07:39.

2. Likes: pantealex (3rd August 2018),TWRC (7th August 2018)
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Ogier from the Press Conference pre-Germany:

Q:
    Sébastien, Finland was frustrating for you, we all saw that. But crucially you scored more points than your championship rival, Thierry Neuville, which was the objective. However, we could all see that frustration. Tell me about what happened after that? The analysis when you looked at the performance, was there anything that came out of chats with the team? What went wrong?
    O:
    We would love to exactly know. We have some idea, but we haven´t really worked on it yet. We discussed it of course, but we haven’t had the chance to test it again. We have some idea. Maybe we went in a direction that was wrong somehow. That was clearly the worst performance of the season, for us and the whole team. There was a lot of talk around my error, but that was not the reason. All the cars were not on the same pace as me, more or less, after day one and after the cleaning effects. It’s been a hard weekend, but now we focus on the next one. At least the only positive we could kind of celebrate, but not really a celebration, but to score more points that Thierry. That’s the most important and that’s what we need to achieve at every event.

Q:
    I have never seen you analyse data so much, even in media zones, as you did in Finland. Did you find that unusual?
    SO:
    I have always been someone who likes to win, that you know. And when it’s not going as you want, as planned, I think it’s normal to do everything you can to turn it around. In Finland we tried everything we could and the feeling did improve during the weekend. In fact a bit better. Even on the last stage, the power stage, I was trying hard to get points. I was still finishing P6. So it was not fantastic.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    If M-Sport are still interested in the constructors they need to put Meeke in the #2 car and put Evans in an R5 for the remainder of the season and maybe let Evans have a go in car #3 in Wales and maybe Spain. It's risky but it's pretty much the only chance.

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    If M-Sport are still interested in the constructors they need to put Meeke in the #2 car and put Evans in an R5 for the remainder of the season and maybe let Evans have a go in car #3 in Wales and maybe Spain. It's risky but it's pretty much the only chance.
    Maybe not that simple. Depends if Kris' contract was terminated or if he was just put on gardening leave.
    As has been mentioned on here before, there may be lawyers involved. If that is the case, I would hope it is only to get out of an existing contract allowing him to move on, rather than for any other reason, as that might end up being negative for both parties.

6. Likes: TWRC (18th August 2018)
    Liked 801 Times in 417 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    lol

Meeke would be the last person to put to that car

8. Likes: sonnybobiche (19th August 2018)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    lol

Meeke would be the last person to put to that car
    how much do you want to bet..

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Why not? Meeke is great driver, but don't have any chance to prove that. He was in shitty cars all of his life. But that's the price to get to the top.

Liked 801 Times in 417 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    how much do you want to bet..
    Whatever you want

He wont ve driving this year in WRC anymore

12. Likes: jonkka (19th August 2018),sonnybobiche (19th August 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    Whatever you want

He wont ve driving this year in WRC anymore
    I think that's equal chance of Ogier retiring, Latvala losing a seat at Toyota, Evans probably going back to R5, Paddon going to Citroen, Lappi too, Loeb start to competing again and by the last (joking) VW enter again in championship.

14. Likes: AnttiL (18th August 2018)
    Liked 559 Times in 242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    Why not? Meeke is great driver, but don't have any chance to prove that. He was in shitty cars all of his life. But that's the price to get to the top.
    He wasn't in shitty cars all of his life, and many of the cars that were not quite the best have been at least partially developed by him.

16. Likes: AnttiL (19th August 2018),EstWRC (18th August 2018),pantealex (20th August 2018),Rally Power (18th August 2018),WUff1 (19th August 2018)