Page 21 of 525 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121521 ... LastLast
    Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts

Re: M-Sport Ford World Rally Teams

I am very excited about M-Sport's lineup. I really hope Mikko hasn't lost it, and that he can be a genuine contender to Ogier& Neuville this season. The Fiesta is a proven fast car, and Mikko was fast in it. And, call me overly optimistic, but I think Kubica will win at least one rally this year

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts

Decent lineup- evans is a lucky lucky boy getting full seat - wow, ... Btw not trying to be all doom and gloom but i feel Kubica is overated by some. He has won wrc2 against against a bunch of nobodies, did sweet feck all in ERC which is harder championship than wrc2 aswell. In ERC on few tarmac founds he did show really good pace till he retired, but even still this was by far the weekest IRC/ERC we have seen in a while too. The fact Kopecky walked the championship proves that. However it is Robert's first few years in rally so he has good potential but imo, people expecting him to be near the top are very optimistic to say the least. Id really love to be proved wrong though . Wish both drivers a good 2014, hopefully alongside a rejuvenated Mikko!

Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by er88
    He has won wrc2 against against a bunch of nobodies...
    This forum is strange, it let me to believe that Lappi, Evans, Paddon were actually pretty highly rated, now it turns out that they are bunch of nobodies.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts

Lappi did only two events (1 victory by several minutes, 1 crash from 1st place). Paddon not much more. It's same like counting every driver who once-twice appeared in IRC/ERC and telling how crazy good the championship was.

Sad thing is that system of WRC2 makes any comparison based on season results pretty useless. How many times the first two drivers of overall standings really met on stages? Once, twice? Even their fight for the title was indirect when each of them started in different round (Kubica and Al Kuwari).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts

I'm not saying the championship challange was tough, but it wasn't that he competed only with himself. He competed with highly rated guys and on most occasions was ahead of them. And some people act like he only fought Al Kuwari.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It will be interesting to observe how the new drivers adjust their style to suit the WRC cars. The comment passed back to me was that while the S2000 Skoda was like a go-kart to drive, the WRC car with it's far greater suspension travel was more like a motocross bike on steroids.

I think that 2014 is going to be an interesting season as with new cars and drivers in the championship along with drivers changing teams, no one can state with absolute certainty what the outcome will be.
    “It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts”

Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by er88
    Decent lineup- evans is a lucky lucky boy getting full seat - wow, ... Btw not trying to be all doom and gloom but i feel Kubica is overated by some. He has won wrc2 against against a bunch of nobodies, did sweet feck all in ERC which is harder championship than wrc2 aswell. In ERC on few tarmac founds he did show really good pace till he retired, but even still this was by far the weekest IRC/ERC we have seen in a while too. The fact Kopecky walked the championship proves that. However it is Robert's first few years in rally so he has good potential but imo, people expecting him to be near the top are very optimistic to say the least. Id really love to be proved wrong though . Wish both drivers a good 2014, hopefully alongside a rejuvenated Mikko!
    You must be very lazy ignorant, I don't want to repeat same things again and again about Kubica's lack of everything related to rallies,that's been said thousand times, just compare stage times for Kubica this season and Ogier last season in Skoda.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts

The one thing Kubica has is real speed ... that's what is important, the rest can be learned or gained with experience ...
    #M-SPORTER

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC
    The one thing Kubica has is real speed ... that's what is important, the rest can be learned or gained with experience ...
    Latvala disagrees with you.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts

[quote=N.O.T]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Fast Eddie WRC":3favvife
    Latvala disagrees with you.[/quote:3favvife]

I said CAN be learned / experienced, not WILL be ...

You cant learn speed.
    #M-SPORTER