Page 142 of 523 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 5230
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Have we been reading the same news? Ogier is the target of a very intensive campaign from Citroen.

If Ogier wants Citroen is another question and will likely depend on whether they have pace or not in my opinion.
    He say in joke that he want double team contract.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Ogier has basically been rejected by toyota, citroen and hyundai.. he will be at ford next year or retire
    ...or you’re getting all wrong and he signed for Citroen a long time ago, which helps to explain why Toyota and Hyundai didn’t managed to catch him.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    What do people think will happen with Camilli next year? A quick look at my contract list shows that his initial deal with M-Sport is up at the end of this year. When he originally signed Malcolm said he had first option on Eric for 2018 - so it's all down to whether he wants to do that. And I don't think they'd bother if it's just another year in WRC2.

My gut feeling is that he'll be out unfortunately, but I hope he can somehow negotiate some events in a WRC next year. We saw some good things from Elfyn and Ott when they returned to the top level, but they at least had the security of one full season to show what they could do.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    What do people think will happen with Camilli next year? A quick look at my contract list shows that his initial deal with M-Sport is up at the end of this year. When he originally signed Malcolm said he had first option on Eric for 2018 - so it's all down to whether he wants to do that. And I don't think they'd bother if it's just another year in WRC2.

My gut feeling is that he'll be out unfortunately, but I hope he can somehow negotiate some events in a WRC next year. We saw some good things from Elfyn and Ott when they returned to the top level, but they at least had the security of one full season to show what they could do.
    He still has limited rallying experience and seat time. I think ideally another full year in a R5 car would be best for him. Time is on his side. If he can then become dominant and a consistent winner then he'd be in to a good position to step up to a WRC car for 2019.

However he'll probably find it hard to get another two years budget together. Maybe the best bet would be for him to do the first 6/7 events next year in an R5 car, then try and get a handful of outings in a WRC car at the back end of the year.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

5. Likes: electroliquid (19th October 2017)
    Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Time is on his side.
    Well, sad but no. Neuville, Tanak, Mikkelsen, Lappi, Suninen, Tidemand, Breen, Evans are younger than Camilli. Don't mention bunch of youngsters this/next year in R5's. More like next year will be now or never time for him.

7. Likes: pantealex (19th October 2017)
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    I find it very hard to believe that the M Sport/Ford team will be returning to a line up like the bad old Kresta/Gardenmonster days...
    I was thinking this too. I didnt think MW could contemplate his team going back to being the 'also-rans'.

However, if M-Sport win the two championships this season, he might think he has nothing left to prove... and he would probably be right.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Written by Miika Wuorela:
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...43226225876989

MW Motor Sports

Ace of Pace - World Rally Blog

Burning Ogier issue

Sorry folks, I cannot let it go.

“I guess they can still find the money”, “They sure need to have him” etc. Guess, what these are! Yes, that is some of the reasoning why M-Sport and Ogier should stay together.

First of all there is no such thing as lack of money at M-Sport. It is a question where to spend it. What brings revenue? What is the output-input ratio? Is it feasible? Basic things in a limited company.

Just calculate how many cars should Malcolm sell or hire to cover the costs of Ogier´s year in the team. With no direct sponsorship or other income source, that is the equation. And more importantly, calculate only those that are sold or hired because Seb has been driving for M-Sport.

Was it that easy and smooth, there would be many more teams after Ogier. Have not asked Toni, but I guess, had he a suitable car and enough funds, he could hire Ogier to drive for TGS Worldwide. Take that as an option as the principle of business is the same in his company. No real benefit, not economically clever but that much cooler.

If M-Sport is a clear thing I am not sure about Seb´s values. We have seen drivers in the past, willing to continue as long as they are hired by some team. Meaning that they are not too pissed about the pay-cut as rally is everything they know and want to do.

I would say Seb is not like that. He is a family man who cares about his wife and child, not willing to rob time from them - as it is normally the case among rally professionals. His family has been happy to receive him back from the rallies already on Sunday evenings - thanks to the private plane he can afford to use.

Remember also that he was ready to retire from Rally Sardinia 2016 if his boy Tim was to see the daylight during the rally. Who else would and could do that?

In addition to that he soon will have five titles in a row, he is a wealthy, healthy young man with plenty of other things to do in life. Rally is a passion for him but not the whole world.

From the result point-of-view it is a questionable thing to continue. No big drama but Seb has scored only two wins and has been beaten by his team mate four times which in his normal performance scale sounds a bit worrying.

He has still managed everything very well, with that professional touch that brings the title home year after year. No more that raw Seb speed we have seen in the previous seasons but main focus on point-scoring, avoiding unnecessary huge risks like he has always been doing.

In my mind this was already Seb´s bonus year and he made it perfect. Equally he knows that it would be much harder to repeat this success again in 2018 whether it was at M-Sport or at some new team again.

Without a proper contract and champion level salary, taking those same risks again does not feel right. Drivers at top level are paid for the results they bring but also for the risks they take in their everyday job.

I really believed and understood that Hyundai (and Citroen too) was after Ogier and willing to pay what he asks. But obviously not and that´s a shame if I may say. How can someone say no to a driver this magnitude if they are seriously competing for the titles..?

Note that this will be the first time in 38 years of WRC history when reigning world champion will be “liberated” from the series. And mostly against his own will.

Hope I am wrong but my conclusion is that Seb leaves the ring in Rocky Marciano style. The last showdown will be Rally Australia then. So far, enjoy your Seb sight as he will not be there for long.

One big champion leaving means another one growing around the corner. Thanks for the memories, Seb!
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

10. Likes: bassist (19th October 2017),EstWRC (19th October 2017),tommeke_B (19th October 2017)
    Liked 52 Times in 29 Posts
    It's always hard for fans to contemplate how a champion at the top of their sport is prepared to walk away. It must take massive mental strength to know when you have had enough. Continuing is the easy option as you're in demand.

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    no. it appears ogier is pricing himself of the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Have we been reading the same news? Ogier is the target of a very intensive campaign from Citroen.

If Ogier wants Citroen is another question and will likely depend on whether they have pace or not in my opinion.

Liked 57 Times in 24 Posts
    They are usually not talking about his salary, it's the commitment to spend big on continued development. At least that is what every interview mentions...

14. Likes: AL14 (19th October 2017)