Page 218 of 229 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2287
  1. #2171
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sleezattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,265
    Like
    605
    Liked 467 Times in 257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Ogier doesnt like it.

    That is almost as good as when Subaru Rally Team USA made a Press Release--FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!!!! back in 2007 that Travis Pastrami had won the WRC!

    I had that saved a few compooter crashes ago...It only took them about 8 hours to disappear all traces (and pressure web sites to delete it those that had done a screen capture)

    IT people should be periodically liquidated.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

  2. #2172
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,463
    Like
    1,909
    Liked 4,318 Times in 2,299 Posts
    It looks like the year everything goes wrong for Evans - punctures, mistakes, co-driver injury and changed and the car not best suited on the last round. All this is bad enough but it also destroys confidence.

    He really needs a good rally and a bit of good luck to help him turn it around.

    Like we have seem with Paddon this can be a harsh sport when things conspire against you...

  3. #2173
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,176
    Like
    1,996
    Liked 2,051 Times in 933 Posts
    https://www.rallit.fi/ford-pomo-tyyt...autti-valilla/

    This article states that Wilson is happy with what Suninen did by bringing the car to finish.

  4. #2174
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    759
    Like
    2,824
    Liked 335 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    It looks like the year everything goes wrong for Evans - punctures, mistakes, co-driver injury and changed and the car not best suited on the last round. All this is bad enough but it also destroys confidence.

    He really needs a good rally and a bit of good luck to help him turn it around.

    Like we have seem with Paddon this can be a harsh sport when things conspire against you...
    That's the problem: unlike Paddon, whose bad streak arguably began either from his freak accident resulting in a forest fire or his second freak accident where he killed a badly placed spectator, Evans' pace has been nowhere despite coming off a year with two (three?) podiums and a maiden win. He's stayed in the same team, with a relatively same car, and yet his confidence has been struggling as if he'd had a dismal 2017.

  5. #2175
    친애하는 지도자 N.O.T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    20,053
    Like
    399
    Liked 2,319 Times in 1,082 Posts
    problem with paddon is he set the bar too low after his win in argentina, to me he thought this was the peak of his career, after that win he started to devote more on social media rather than his driving... like those little nobody youtubers.

    He should have been more serious about that win and consider it as a step to improve further and not the top of his career, he cashed in far too early, now its late.
    The North Will Rise Again
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/158173595@N03/albums

  6. #2176
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,605
    Like
    2,073
    Liked 1,054 Times in 617 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    problem with paddon is he set the bar too low after his win in argentina, to me he thought this was the peak of his career, after that win he started to devote more on social media rather than his driving... like those little nobody youtubers.

    He should have been more serious about that win and consider it as a step to improve further and not the top of his career, he cashed in far too early, now its late.
    Agree a bit. He has to work hard for reaching the top again. And he has not so many occasions to prove his abilities.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

  7. Likes: pantealex (2nd May 2018)
  8. #2177
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,176
    Like
    1,996
    Liked 2,051 Times in 933 Posts
    Paddon had two big crashes right after his Argentina win so it probably set him back as much as the win took him forwards.

    Sometimes I also think it must be difficult to be a WRC driver from outside Europe. Paddon missed some PET's last year because he flew home inbetween two rallies and must be jet lagged all the time. And him doing the local events is probably still important for his local supporters.

  9. #2178
    Senior Member Watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    536
    Like
    0
    Liked 376 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    problem with paddon is he set the bar too low after his win in argentina, to me he thought this was the peak of his career, after that win he started to devote more on social media rather than his driving... like those little nobody youtubers.

    He should have been more serious about that win and consider it as a step to improve further and not the top of his career, he cashed in far too early, now its late.
    Agreed. Possibly Evans has the same problem. He had a strongish season last year and maybe he figured he had learnt a lot from Ogier and that easy will do it from now on in.

    On a different note, Ogier stated himself (interview on wrc.com) that the lose sandy roads of Argentina were a weak spot of the Fiesta and that they need to improve in that area which would also put Evans' performance in perspective.

    Ogier praised the car in Mexico and Evans was also strong until he crashed. It's probably a mixture of both the car not working in Argentina and Evans not going too hard in Mexico and too easy in Argentina.

    The proof will be in the European gravel events.

  10. #2179
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,463
    Like
    1,909
    Liked 4,318 Times in 2,299 Posts
    I watched a one-hour programme on Welsh TV following Evans prior to the new season. There was no doubting his dedication, training and sheer determination to compete at the top level. Plus the huge boost of the Rally GB win.

    He couldnt be in a better position to show his speed in 2018.. and that he hasnt must be extremely frustrating and also baffling for him (and M.Wilson).

    I think the rest of the season could well decide his future.

  11. #2180
    친애하는 지도자 N.O.T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    20,053
    Like
    399
    Liked 2,319 Times in 1,082 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I watched a one-hour programme on Welsh TV following Evans prior to the new season. There was no doubting his dedication, training and sheer determination to compete at the top level. Plus the huge boost of the Rally GB win.

    He couldnt be in a better position to show his speed in 2018.. and that he hasnt must be extremely frustrating and also baffling for him (and M.Wilson).

    I think the rest of the season could well decide his future.
    his daddys pockets will decide the future...
    The North Will Rise Again
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/158173595@N03/albums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •