Page 185 of 233 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2324
  1. #1841
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,574
    Like
    2,440
    Liked 2,548 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    I doubt it though, didn't he put up his car for sale?
    If he drove his own car, it wouldn't be an M-Sport fourth car, right? I mean he would rent a new Fiesta from M-Sport for certain events and tape it to OneBet livery. I think he would get better results with the improvements M-Sport has made to their cars and the proper service. He had a bunch of retirements last year that were technical faults already fixed on the M-Sport cars, his private car not having the updates. It probably would had been better if he had rented the car all along...

  2. #1842
    Senior Member BigWorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    850
    Like
    200
    Liked 382 Times in 224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    If he drove his own car, it wouldn't be an M-Sport fourth car, right? I mean he would rent a new Fiesta from M-Sport for certain events and tape it to OneBet livery. I think he would get better results with the improvements M-Sport has made to their cars and the proper service. He had a bunch of retirements last year that were technical faults already fixed on the M-Sport cars, his private car not having the updates. It probably would had been better if he had rented the car all along...
    He was entered as M-Sport in 2017 but that was just how regulations were so I guess it wasn't a fourth car (unlike the Suninen/Kremer entries?).

    I don't know what it costs to rent the car, but if he's planning to do a lot of events would it be cheaper to rent a Fiesta WRC than buying it?

  3. #1843
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    721
    Like
    4
    Liked 450 Times in 245 Posts
    Most definitely cheaper. Pay money and arrive with two hands in his pockets to testing/rally and after go home. No need for personnel, special equipment, equipment, their logistics etc.

  4. #1844
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,574
    Like
    2,440
    Liked 2,548 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    He was entered as M-Sport in 2017 but that was just how regulations were so I guess it wasn't a fourth car (unlike the Suninen/Kremer entries?).
    True, only registered factory teams were allowed to enter WRC2017 cars, but that changes for this year. However, Østberg had his own team, own mechanics and everything. Suninen was an M-Sport paying driver for the whole season (just alternating between R5 and WRC car) whereas Kremer just rented the car for one event. Suninen's car had an M-Sport livery with just added sponsor decals, Kremer had his own sponsor livery. Not sure about Bertelli, if he had his own mechanics or through M-Sport.

    I don't know what it costs to rent the car, but if he's planning to do a lot of events would it be cheaper to rent a Fiesta WRC than buying it?
    Not sure about the cost, but he probably would have received better value for his money by renting. I'm pretty convinced he lost podium positions by defects that wouldn't have happened in the official cars.

  5. #1845
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    808
    Like
    3,067
    Liked 374 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    True, only registered factory teams were allowed to enter WRC2017 cars, but that changes for this year. However, Østberg had his own team, own mechanics and everything. Suninen was an M-Sport paying driver for the whole season (just alternating between R5 and WRC car) whereas Kremer just rented the car for one event. Suninen's car had an M-Sport livery with just added sponsor decals, Kremer had his own sponsor livery. Not sure about Bertelli, if he had his own mechanics or through M-Sport.



    Not sure about the cost, but he probably would have received better value for his money by renting. I'm pretty convinced he lost podium positions by defects that wouldn't have happened in the official cars.
    What ever happened to Bertelli? He's been gone since Portugal and I've no idea where he's gone.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  6. #1846
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,574
    Like
    2,440
    Liked 2,548 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Considering Suninen skips Tour de Corse and Deutschland, those are probably for Eric Camilli? Maybe he's going for a similar program as Suninen did in 2017, WRC2 with two strongest rallies in WRC.

  7. #1847
    Senior Member PLuto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Zlin
    Posts
    6,886
    Like
    176
    Liked 1,913 Times in 896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    What ever happened to Bertelli? He's been gone since Portugal and I've no idea where he's gone.
    He had a long break. But he was driving Tuscan Rewind in November last year.

  8. #1848
    Senior Member Allez Andruet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    433
    Like
    519
    Liked 647 Times in 257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    What ever happened to Bertelli?
    As long as he's not driving one of the 2017/2018-spec WRC's, I'm happy no matter where he is.

  9. Likes: Jarek Z (6th January 2018)
  10. #1849
    Senior Member Andre Oliveira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,861
    Like
    1,366
    Liked 2,658 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Considering Suninen skips Tour de Corse and Deutschland, those are probably for Eric Camilli? Maybe he's going for a similar program as Suninen did in 2017, WRC2 with two strongest rallies in WRC.
    I can imagine Bouffier doing that for example.

  11. #1850
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,574
    Like
    2,440
    Liked 2,548 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    I can imagine Bouffier doing that for example.
    It's just that Camilli announced earlier that he will be doing a mix of WRC2 and WRC this year. But yeah, why not Bouffier either.

  12. Likes: pantealex (6th January 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •