Page 306 of 523 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 5230
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    + etc

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Very rare to hear something like this, teamboss criticizing drivers style...

While I don't necessarily disagree, Lappi has seemingly been even more sideways whole weekend. Another thing is off course that last year Suninen was leading here, did he change so much to worse over one year?

Hard to expect much from Suninen in Mexico when he didn't finish a single normal stage there last year. Talk about putting driver under pressure.
    Malcolm is a softie, I doubt he’d give Suninen the boot during the season. Don’t know how many more years he’ll persevere with him though, look at how quick Kalle has progressed..

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Very rare to hear something like this, teamboss criticizing drivers style...
    It would be different if Rich Millener said the same comment

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Malcolm is a softie, I doubt he’d give Suninen the boot during the season. Don’t know how many more years he’ll persevere with him though, look at how quick Kalle has progressed..
    Suninen started off also like that...pretty much.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 17th February 2020 at 11:26.

5. Likes: tommeke_B (17th February 2020)
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    I'm afraid the criticism is justified as he seems to have stopped progressing like he was last season.

And Lappi is showing him up despite being new to the Fiesta.

7. Likes: steve.mandzij (17th February 2020)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Also a bit disappointed from Suninen. When he was driving the R5 (both Oreca Fiesta and Fabia) I thought he would become a big one, the first two outings with the Fiesta WRC were phenomenal, but after that... For some reason he didn't continue to progress. It's quite clear that this year he has to show something more and be more competitive, or it should be his last WRC season. Lappi's pace seems impressive, we don't know how fast the Fiesta really is at this point, and that makes it probably even more impressive. I'm an M-Sport fan, it's great what they keep doing in WRC, but the pace of Tänak and Evans they immediately had when moving to Toyota makes me wonder...

9. Likes: cali (17th February 2020),Eli (17th February 2020),pantealex (17th February 2020)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts

A happy birthday to this lad

11. Likes: cali (17th February 2020),TWRC (22nd February 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Also a bit disappointed from Suninen. When he was driving the R5 (both Oreca Fiesta and Fabia) I thought he would become a big one, the first two outings with the Fiesta WRC were phenomenal, but after that... For some reason he didn't continue to progress. It's quite clear that this year he has to show something more and be more competitive, or it should be his last WRC season. Lappi's pace seems impressive, we don't know how fast the Fiesta really is at this point, and that makes it probably even more impressive. I'm an M-Sport fan, it's great what they keep doing in WRC, but the pace of Tänak and Evans they immediately had when moving to Toyota makes me wonder...
    There has been flashes of that 2017 mojo, like Sweden and Sardegna last year, or Sardegna and Wales the year before. Three of those attempts just ended down the ditch.

Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    I agree, I think the Fiesta has probably fallen a little bit behind, not much but a little, and with the budgets available to Hyundai/Toyota that’s not surprising, or even a criticism...it’s just reality. I hope that they can find something with the new engine that brings them back, but I think handling is where the biggest gains are to be made...the oversteer is making it unpredictable. With Suninen seemingly losing a bit of confidence, he needs the car to help him.
    I hope good road position in Mexico can bring him near the front and help him.

I wouldn't expect much from Suninen in Mexico. That event requires a neat driving style because of the altitude eating the power. That said, Lappi hasn't been strong either in Mexico. I think it just requires experience, to learn how to drive those stages the right way.