Page 432 of 432 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432
Results 4,311 to 4,314 of 4314
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    Without a doubt the best part of the interview: "I know we have it with our Puma hybrid in [World Rally Championship] and it’s actually working quite well there and we have learnt a lot from that that we can transfer to our road cars..."

Learnt a lot from an independent engineering company using a spec component from a third party. haha
    YES. Pure P.R. BS...
    Tho I understand that "Ford Europe" could be pushing electric and hybrid because of the EU and street cars, but its interesting to see this shift about motorsport.... HOWEVER ford has been linked to F1 for 2026... So, I dont understand anything anymore haha

2. Likes: AndyRAC (26th November 2022)
    Liked 8,198 Times in 4,349 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Ah great. Now ford dont want hybrids and electrics in motorsport.
    https://www.motorsport.com/general/n...port/10371372/
    (Sep-22)
    It's good that they say that the spectacle created by ICE, ie. the noise, is important to connecting to their customers ie. motorsport fans.

Toyota boss Toyoda and JM Latvala have also said about keeping ICE and changing the fuel to suit instead.

The idea of full-electric rally cars seems to have been consigned to the dustbin.

4. Likes: becher (26th November 2022),Sulland (26th November 2022),the sniper (26th November 2022),TWRC (27th November 2022)
    Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    You can't learn by analyzing what someone else done? Also won't there be option to use own hybrid unit since 2025?
    Of course one can, but Ford not being all that involved in M-Sports day to day running and the fact that we are talking about a spec component which is in terms of packaging at least not really comparable to anything we see on the road, makes me think that there is very little to be learned by the Ford roadcar side.

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    Ok which one of you is this?
    Wasn't this the same account that tweeted that Martin Järveoja will co-drive for Gregor Jeets next season? I heard from multiple accounts that is indeed true, one of them being oh so specific about the details surrounding the matter.
    Last edited by sinepikohv; 28th November 2022 at 22:19. Reason: A spelling mistake.