Page 229 of 233 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2324
    Liked 113 Times in 71 Posts
    i saw his TV statement, he didn't know to explain exactly what was wrong with the car while mechanics were doing the stuff. Malcolm stayed behind and he had to be in Finland to help his team to get better result. this won't help them to keep Ogier in the team.

Liked 30 Times in 14 Posts
    Ogier unhappy with the new aero:
    https://www.autohebdo.fr/wrc/actuali...se-196660.html

And this is our explanation for the new rear wheel arch extensions:
    https://wrcwings.wordpress.com/2018/...ch-extensions/

3. Likes: danon (1st August 2018),Fast Eddie WRC (1st August 2018),NickRally (3rd August 2018)
    Liked 141 Times in 67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lluisva555 View Post

very interesting and informative details about the aero, thanks!

M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,548 Times in 2,415 Posts
    Nice comparison pic !

The Incurable Enthusiast

6. Likes: Eli (2nd August 2018),gorganl2000 (5th August 2018),Micke_VOC (2nd August 2018),Mirek (1st August 2018),NickRally (1st August 2018),pantealex (3rd August 2018),René (3rd August 2018),TWRC (2nd August 2018),WUff1 (2nd August 2018)
    Liked 151 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lluisva555 View Post

Surely the new aero cant do anything only improve down-force...
    I think maybe the SACHS didnt work as he expected, from memory there was alot on technology in those dampers that was VW proprietary.

Liked 141 Times in 67 Posts
    any words on Evans and Suninen having the new aero too for Germany?

Liked 229 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Surely the new aero cant do anything only improve down-force...
    I think maybe the SACHS didnt work as he expected, from memory there was alot on technology in those dampers that was VW proprietary.
    My thoughts exactly, from my understanding it was VW motorsport who mainly used(still uses in WRX) Sachs as a parts supplier and did the majority of development etc. in house.
    Last edited by AMSS; 3rd August 2018 at 06:39.

10. Likes: pantealex (3rd August 2018),TWRC (7th August 2018)
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,548 Times in 2,415 Posts
    Ogier from the Press Conference pre-Germany:

Q:
    Sébastien, Finland was frustrating for you, we all saw that. But crucially you scored more points than your championship rival, Thierry Neuville, which was the objective. However, we could all see that frustration. Tell me about what happened after that? The analysis when you looked at the performance, was there anything that came out of chats with the team? What went wrong?
    O:
    We would love to exactly know. We have some idea, but we haven´t really worked on it yet. We discussed it of course, but we haven’t had the chance to test it again. We have some idea. Maybe we went in a direction that was wrong somehow. That was clearly the worst performance of the season, for us and the whole team. There was a lot of talk around my error, but that was not the reason. All the cars were not on the same pace as me, more or less, after day one and after the cleaning effects. It’s been a hard weekend, but now we focus on the next one. At least the only positive we could kind of celebrate, but not really a celebration, but to score more points that Thierry. That’s the most important and that’s what we need to achieve at every event.

Q:
    I have never seen you analyse data so much, even in media zones, as you did in Finland. Did you find that unusual?
    SO:
    I have always been someone who likes to win, that you know. And when it’s not going as you want, as planned, I think it’s normal to do everything you can to turn it around. In Finland we tried everything we could and the feeling did improve during the weekend. In fact a bit better. Even on the last stage, the power stage, I was trying hard to get points. I was still finishing P6. So it was not fantastic.
    The Incurable Enthusiast

Liked 376 Times in 187 Posts
    If M-Sport are still interested in the constructors they need to put Meeke in the #2 car and put Evans in an R5 for the remainder of the season and maybe let Evans have a go in car #3 in Wales and maybe Spain. It's risky but it's pretty much the only chance.

Liked 61 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    If M-Sport are still interested in the constructors they need to put Meeke in the #2 car and put Evans in an R5 for the remainder of the season and maybe let Evans have a go in car #3 in Wales and maybe Spain. It's risky but it's pretty much the only chance.
    Maybe not that simple. Depends if Kris' contract was terminated or if he was just put on gardening leave.
    As has been mentioned on here before, there may be lawyers involved. If that is the case, I would hope it is only to get out of an existing contract allowing him to move on, rather than for any other reason, as that might end up being negative for both parties.

14. Likes: TWRC (18th August 2018)