Page 238 of 238 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238
Results 2,371 to 2,374 of 2374
    Liked 133 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    You dont have to be so condescending. I know of course its advertising, but I expect a bit of honesty. Using the term 'Powered by Ford Ecoboost' does at least imply there is some connection with that engine and the rally car. Even on their website they say 'based on the 1.6 Ecoboost Fiesta ST'. The whole implication is that engine is at least the basis.

They should stick to the actual engine spec:
    "M-Sport developed 1.6 Turbo, direct injection powerplant, FIA regulated 32mm restrictor." with no mention of the ST or Ecoboost.

Apart from what br21 said about a Ford Mondeo 1.8, can anyone else give some evidence of what engine the Fiesta R5 actually starts out as ?
    OK, look at it this way: The WRC fiesta and the R5 fiesta ARE both powered by Eco-Boost engines because M-Sport chooses to claim they are. Eco-Boost isn't a specific component, it's a name they give to something and in this case, M-Sport (with Ford's permission) choose to brand their small petrol-petrol rally engines as such.

2. Likes: Mirek (Yesterday),pantealex (Yesterday),TWRC (Yesterday)
    Liked 2,420 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Always had a secret admiration towards people that had the mental strength to argue with the british on subjects that require a bit more than basic level of intelligence...

The last few posts are the perfect example why manufacturers bother with top level motorsport...

simply because the basic uneducated human thinks that a WRC car is just his 30k vehicle he keeps in his garage in disguise and with some fancy paintwork and plastics...
    The North Will Rise Again
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/158173595@N03/albums

Liked 133 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Always had a secret admiration towards people that had the mental strength to argue with the british on subjects that require a bit more than basic level of intelligence...

The last few posts are the perfect example why manufacturers bother with top level motorsport...

simply because the basic uneducated human thinks that a WRC car is just his 30k vehicle he keeps in his garage in disguise and with some fancy paintwork and plastics...
    Thanks. What do I win?

Liked 2,420 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Thanks. What do I win?
    my secret admiration... its very secret though.
    The North Will Rise Again
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/158173595@N03/albums