Page 246 of 525 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 5242
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    I don’t know if that means you agree or not?
    And they also probe you when you sleep.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    And they also probe you when you sleep.
    .?

Liked 9,342 Times in 4,961 Posts
    Evans has had massives chances with 4 full WRC seasons and not shown a lot of progress. His 2018 was worse than 2017 and the places he gave to Ogier were only gained by better road positions, not speed.

I'd prefer M-Sport to try to find a real top driver for the future. Evans hasnt shown enough that he will ever be that star driver.

4. Likes: pantealex (9th December 2018),WUff1 (9th December 2018)
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Malcolm should be asking his customers Ken Block and Valentino Rossi to hook him up with the men holding the purse strings at Monster Energy... I'd love to know whether there has been any discussion between the two organisations.

6. Likes: Essaj (9th December 2018),Fast Eddie WRC (9th December 2018),pantealex (9th December 2018),Rally Power (10th December 2018),WRC1 (8th December 2018)
    Liked 9,342 Times in 4,961 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Malcolm should be asking his customers Ken Block and Valentino Rossi to hook him up with the men holding the purse strings at Monster Energy... I'd love to know whether there has been any discussion between the two organisations.
    Maybe not as Red Bull seems to have WRC stitched-up, sponsoring many teams over recent years (Citroen, then VW, then M-Sport, now Citroen again). Plus many driver's are RB 'atheletes'. They also cover the WRC and promote it. So I'm not sure Monster would be interested.

However RB and Monster co-exist in F1 and WRX so who knows ...
    #M-SPORTER

8. Likes: AnttiL (9th December 2018)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Maybe not as Red Bull seems to have WRC stitched-up, sponsoring many teams over recent years (Citroen, then VW, then M-Sport, now Citroen again). Plus many driver's are RB 'atheletes'. They also cover the WRC and promote it. So I'm not sure Monster would be interested.

However RB and Monster co-exist in F1 and WRX so who knows ...

Total, Shell and Castrol all sponsored works teams at the same time, so I can't see why not and Monster and Redbull both had a presence at the same time in the past.

I wonder if M-sport could get a major sponsor if Loeb were to commit to a full season.

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    This would be great but how is Monster suppose to sponsor M-sport when both Teemu and Elfyn are sposored by Red Bull? or maybe their contracts ended when RB left to Citroen?

11. Likes: pantealex (9th December 2018)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    This would be great but how is Monster suppose to sponsor M-sport when both Teemu and Elfyn are sposored by Red Bull? or maybe their contracts ended when RB left to Citroen?
    I'm sure it's not that big a hurdle to overcome, take MotoGP as an example, Jorge Lorenzo is monster sponsored athlete and has moved from monster sponsored yamaha to Ducati to redbull sponsored honda.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Probably like Monster-sponsored cars enter a series sponsored by RB and vice versa.

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    I'm talking about having Monster as a principle sponsor of the team instead. I'm working on the basis that the current level of Red Bull funding has presumable left with Ogier and Citreon will return to being the de facto Red Bull team. I imagine Elfyn's personal RB sponsorship is actually worth relatively little in monetary terms, perhaps just providing a living allowance for him. Remember that arrangement (presumably with RB UK division) dates back to 2014, with it only paying for helmet/cap level of exposure until 2017. Suninen isn't even a Red Bull 'Athlete' according to their website (go to rally section): https://www.redbull.com/int-en/athletes

As such, if Monster were interested in bringing proper money to M-Sport like Red Bull had, it'd just mean Elfyn having to drop his personal deal. I can't see that being much of a problem...