Page 176 of 523 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 5230
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    I wonder if we celebrate too early.

From the Autosport article on the matter, I wonder if they actually give them any money at all... this just seems like more free sponsorship from Malcolm. This line is what threw me off (interview with MW):
    "We welcome the increased level of technical support from Ford Performance."

Technical? Not a huge bag of friggin money? I mean, really? They will give them some free body shells so they can build more R5 and R2 cars?

2. Likes: AndyRAC (23rd December 2017),EstWRC (23rd December 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Good, glad I'm not the only one that's seen a bit of an over-reaction to this news.

In essence we're talking about a four-letter word on an entry list. It doesn't suddenly mean Ford are 'back'. I don't know but I assume M-Sport could probably have called themselves this since 2013 if they'd chosen to?

Seems like a nod from M-Sport to acknowledge that Ford Performance technical support which should help with updates. I guess you could call it an 'official return' - but it's not really is it. Don't get me wrong it's better than nothing, but it's baby steps.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

4. Likes: AndyRAC (23rd December 2017),EstWRC (23rd December 2017)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    I don't even want to know how much money Ford needs to pay to have you guys happy
    And now that Malcolm has brought M-Sport already to this stage I don't event believe that he is willing to let Ford to take the lead anymore.

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    When M-Sport announced Ogier & Evans as drivers they said news on 3rd car would be coming in next few weeks. A third car will not be a surprise. Who will drive third car may be a surprise.

Ford will be more interested in manufacturer title than driver title. Hyundai & Toyota will get a fight from M-Sport Ford WRT for 2018 manufacturer title
    So you expect a full-time 3rd car and driver... who and who's paying ?

And if Ford are 'more interested in manufacturer title than driver title' why are they just giving greater technical support, not a full factory support ?

If they were, they would have had to get serious and paid for Tanak to stay.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 642 Times in 344 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I don't know but I assume M-Sport could probably have called themselves this since 2013 if they'd chosen to?
    What is *this* you're referring to, use of name Ford in their business?

Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    Tanak WANTED to leave. As long as Sebastian was staying, Ott was always going to be second fiddle. He wasn't content with that, so he will try to wrestle Toyota away from JML. And BTW, once again, Ford NEVER left WRC. They just scaled back their involvement after 2012.And, by the looks of it, they are now upping their commitment.

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Good, glad I'm not the only one that's seen a bit of an over-reaction to this news.

In essence we're talking about a four-letter word on an entry list. It doesn't suddenly mean Ford are 'back'. I don't know but I assume M-Sport could probably have called themselves this since 2013 if they'd chosen to?

Seems like a nod from M-Sport to acknowledge that Ford Performance technical support which should help with updates. I guess you could call it an 'official return' - but it's not really is it. Don't get me wrong it's better than nothing, but it's baby steps.
    I agree with you; we only know Ford are back because of the FiA releasing the named Manufacturer entrants for the 2018 WRC season. There is absolutely nothing on their social media platforms, or press releases, etc
    Maybe there'll be more in a few weeks time at the Autosport show - but you'd have thought there would have been an announcement about their return.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka View Post
    What is *this* you're referring to, use of name Ford in their business?
    Yes. Not their business, but the registered team name in the championship. Happy to be proven wrong though.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Whatever the extent of Ford's involvement, it was enough to make Ogier stay (at M-Sport and in the WRC) so it must be fairly substantial.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Tanak WANTED to leave. As long as Sebastian was staying, Ott was always going to be second fiddle. He wasn't content with that, so he will try to wrestle Toyota away from JML. And BTW, once again, Ford NEVER left WRC. They just scaled back their involvement after 2012.And, by the looks of it, they are now upping their commitment.
    Main problem was the car. No. 1 got all the updates before him due to small budget. Something that wouldn`t or shouldn`t be a problem for Toyota.