Page 177 of 237 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2369
    Liked 268 Times in 140 Posts
    Tanak WANTED to leave. As long as Sebastian was staying, Ott was always going to be second fiddle. He wasn't content with that, so he will try to wrestle Toyota away from JML. And BTW, once again, Ford NEVER left WRC. They just scaled back their involvement after 2012.And, by the looks of it, they are now upping their commitment.

Liked 524 Times in 297 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Good, glad I'm not the only one that's seen a bit of an over-reaction to this news.

In essence we're talking about a four-letter word on an entry list. It doesn't suddenly mean Ford are 'back'. I don't know but I assume M-Sport could probably have called themselves this since 2013 if they'd chosen to?

Seems like a nod from M-Sport to acknowledge that Ford Performance technical support which should help with updates. I guess you could call it an 'official return' - but it's not really is it. Don't get me wrong it's better than nothing, but it's baby steps.
    I agree with you; we only know Ford are back because of the FiA releasing the named Manufacturer entrants for the 2018 WRC season. There is absolutely nothing on their social media platforms, or press releases, etc
    Maybe there'll be more in a few weeks time at the Autosport show - but you'd have thought there would have been an announcement about their return.
    WRC: On the long way to Recovery............
    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,999 Times in 825 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka View Post
    What is *this* you're referring to, use of name Ford in their business?
    Yes. Not their business, but the registered team name in the championship. Happy to be proven wrong though.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,565 Times in 2,426 Posts
    Whatever the extent of Ford's involvement, it was enough to make Ogier stay (at M-Sport and in the WRC) so it must be fairly substantial.
    The Incurable Enthusiast

Liked 461 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Tanak WANTED to leave. As long as Sebastian was staying, Ott was always going to be second fiddle. He wasn't content with that, so he will try to wrestle Toyota away from JML. And BTW, once again, Ford NEVER left WRC. They just scaled back their involvement after 2012.And, by the looks of it, they are now upping their commitment.
    Main problem was the car. No. 1 got all the updates before him due to small budget. Something that wouldn`t or shouldn`t be a problem for Toyota.

Liked 194 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Yes. Not their business, but the registered team name in the championship. Happy to be proven wrong though.
    Without explicit approval from Ford - I would say no.

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Main problem was the car. No. 1 got all the updates before him due to small budget. Something that wouldn`t or shouldn`t be a problem for Toyota.
    But still was nearly faster than him almost everywhere.. I think that money was cause to leave.

You can be faster...and det the updates one day. Money from Toyota was definitely tempting but as he said, not the main thing. Main thing was equal conditions and money to develop the car. He even said that M-Sport made him an offer that wasn`t too bad, but would`ve still meant No. 2.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 24th December 2017 at 09:03.

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    You can be faster...and det the updates one day. Money from Toyota was definitely tempting but as he said, not the main thing. Main thing was equal conditions and money to develop the car. He even said that M-Sport made him an offer that wasn`t too bad, but would`ve still meant No. 2.
    And what will he be in Toyota. Still number 2...

In terms of car upgrades due to budget issues, no. On the stages he is the boss...i hope.

11. Likes: pantealex (27th December 2017)