Page 321 of 525 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 5242
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    M-Sport has held back engine and aero parts it has ready to save money until 2021. This season was a write-off with nothing to fight for by the last few rallies.

Their 2021 car with these new parts will be a much better one. I hope the well-backed Mikkelsen & O.Solberg will take a chance on it.

2. Likes: Rallyper (7th December 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I hope the well-backed Mikkelsen & O.Solberg will take a chance on it.
    I don't see this happening. They will both stay in WRC2/3 and look at Rally1 seats for 2022

Any chance of Fourmaux with help from the FFSA ?

5. Likes: AnttiL (7th December 2020)
    Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    M-Sport has held back engine and aero parts it has ready to save money until 2021. This season was a write-off with nothing to fight for by the last few rallies.

Their 2021 car with these new parts will be a much better one. I hope the well-backed Mikkelsen & O.Solberg will take a chance on it.
    I don't think Mikkelsen would be happy to pay for his drive. However, I can see Solberg happen. Malcolm could use Monsters Energy good relationship with Ford (via gymkhana man) to get him a seat. I would put the team as Suninen, Solberg with Gus and Formaux dividing the third car (mainly tarmac for Formaux).

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingTuga View Post
    I don't think Mikkelsen would be happy to pay for his drive. However, I can see Solberg happen. Malcolm could use Monsters Energy good relationship with Ford (via gymkhana man) to get him a seat. I would put the team as Suninen, Solberg with Gus and Formaux dividing the third car (mainly tarmac for Formaux).
    It makes sense to me, but Malcolm has had years to capitalise on the possible Monster link and has failed to do so. It'd be interesting to know if they've ever made much effort to make that link up.

I know there are many who don't agree, but I think Oliver has less to lose in RC1 than RC2 and potentially more to gain. He can use the year to adapt to the more powerful car. If he underperforms, he can blame it on the car. While I imagine he'll do very well in RC2 next year, if he doesn't it could somewhat damage his reputation. The best reason to stay in RC2 would be to learn the rallies at a slower pace. At the end of the day, he's never even done the likes of Rally Finland once...

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    How much space on car, suit and helmet will be given to the drivers to bring in own sponsors. I think Malcolm need to give them slack to get seats filled in 21.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingTuga View Post
    Solberg confirmed he is staying in an R5 car:

https://twitter.com/OliverSolberg01/...446672897?s=20

Doing WRC2/3 again seems a bit tame for Mikkelsen. The WRC Fiesta has to be better than the rumoured resurected C3 WRC. He surely has to show his ability at the top level again if he ever wants another factory seat (with Toyota after Ogier).
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 7th December 2020 at 18:03.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Not so sure. M-Sport will introduce this years upgrades (most of them atleast) next season i believe? Same applies to the C3: they said that this car is going to be a different beast. Who knows, they aren`t i20/ Yaris, but there is a possibility that Pirelli pays for that C3, atleast a bit.

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    It makes sense to me, but Malcolm has had years to capitalise on the possible Monster link and has failed to do so. It'd be interesting to know if they've ever made much effort to make that link up.

I know there are many who don't agree, but I think Oliver has less to lose in RC1 than RC2 and potentially more to gain. He can use the year to adapt to the more powerful car. If he underperforms, he can blame it on the car. While I imagine he'll do very well in RC2 next year, if he doesn't it could somewhat damage his reputation. The best reason to stay in RC2 would be to learn the rallies at a slower pace. At the end of the day, he's never even done the likes of Rally Finland once...
    I agree with you, I don’t think Solberg would have any issue with the RC1 car, his lack of experience of the events is his learning curve.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Solberg tweet deleted, what did it say?