Page 302 of 305 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3045
  1. #3011
    Senior Member RAS007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    609
    Like
    194
    Liked 215 Times in 116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Makes me wonder if they need one. I guess between self sponsorship (M-Sport), Castrol and the Ford input, they have enough to run a whole season. Aside from bringing more money to reduce the running costs and pay wages, I wonder if a title sponsor would actually allow for more development and therefore a faster car? Or would they simply operate at the same performance level, but with reduced costs for M-Sport?
    I've posted this several times over the years: I can't understand why they cannot secure a title sponsor. They've had many successes and the car is obviously competitive with a fast driver. I'm happy to hear that Castrol is providing more backing. One obvious benefit of a title sponsor would be to eliminate, at least partially, the need for paying drivers, you would expect.
    Last edited by RAS007; 14th January 2020 at 01:23.

  2. #3012
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Latvia, Riga
    Posts
    511
    Like
    328
    Liked 431 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drive View Post
    #40 Jocius for Monte with wrc car?
    Yes. He is going to do almost full season on MSport Fiesta WRC. (Strong rumors)

  3. #3013
    Senior Member Sulland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    4,952
    Like
    756
    Liked 613 Times in 323 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sindroms View Post
    Yes. He is going to do almost full season on MSport Fiesta WRC. (Strong rumors)
    Based on experience, he will have his hands full. trying to tame the Fiesta WRC in Monte.
    https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile...ividas-jocius/
    Hope Oliver S will get enough time btw himself and Mr Jocius.

  4. #3014
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,102
    Like
    4,643
    Liked 5,423 Times in 2,312 Posts
    Will it be the old spec Fiesta WRC? Usually they seed any new generation WRC cars higher.

  5. #3015
    Senior Member Andre Oliveira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,416
    Like
    1,496
    Liked 3,617 Times in 1,582 Posts
    He allready tested during 2019. New one

  6. Likes: AnttiL (14th January 2020),tomhlord (14th January 2020)
  7. #3016
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    878
    Like
    284
    Liked 488 Times in 268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    I've posted this several times over the years: I can't understand why they cannot secure a title sponsor. They've had many successes and the car is obviously competitive with a fast driver. I'm happy to hear that Castrol is providing more backing. One obvious benefit of a title sponsor would be to eliminate, at least partially, the need for paying drivers, you would expect.
    Fair shout and that answers my question. I guess more money would mean the ability to get a top driver.

  8. #3017
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    892
    Like
    0
    Liked 515 Times in 270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    One obvious benefit of a title sponsor would be to eliminate, at least partially, the need for paying drivers, you would expect.
    You don't seem to understand how m-sport works.

    Toyota and hyundai's goal is get as much pr as possible, so they need the best drivers to do that.
    Malcolms goal is to make as much money as possible. He doesn't need good much good drivers for that, he needs drivers that pay as much as possible. He only needs one proven driver to show the speed of the car.
    Even if he would find a new big title sponsor, he would still give the car to at least one or two paying drivers.

  9. Likes: dimviii (14th January 2020),Gregor-y (14th January 2020),Oops! (17th January 2020),Winner (15th January 2020)
  10. #3018
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Exmuhle.....
    Posts
    4,604
    Like
    1,244
    Liked 586 Times in 330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    I've posted this several times over the years: I can't understand why they cannot secure a title sponsor. They've had many successes and the car is obviously competitive with a fast driver. I'm happy to hear that Castrol is providing more backing. One obvious benefit of a title sponsor would be to eliminate, at least partially, the need for paying drivers, you would expect.
    Well, there is a simple answer - but probably not popular on a motorsport/ rally forum.....

    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

  11. #3019
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    13,102
    Like
    2,594
    Liked 6,271 Times in 3,312 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    You don't seem to understand how m-sport works.

    Toyota and hyundai's goal is get as much pr as possible, so they need the best drivers to do that.
    Malcolms goal is to make as much money as possible. He doesn't need good much good drivers for that, he needs drivers that pay as much as possible. He only needs one proven driver to show the speed of the car.
    Even if he would find a new big title sponsor, he would still give the car to at least one or two paying drivers.
    Malcolm is just wanting to make money ? So why did he bring in Ogier and why was he chasing Tanak ?

  12. #3020
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,126
    Like
    3
    Liked 336 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Malcolm is just wanting to make money ? So why did he bring in Ogier and why was he chasing Tanak ?
    Malcolm was only 'chasing' Tanak to drive up the price to Toyota and Hyundai so he gets his money back quicker!

    That was a game, nothing more.

  13. Likes: AnttiL (14th January 2020),cali (15th January 2020),dimviii (14th January 2020),er88 (14th January 2020),Oops! (17th January 2020),sindroms (15th January 2020),Winner (15th January 2020)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •