Page 477 of 525 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 5242
    Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersX View Post
    I think 2 tiny, but costly mistakes by Loubet is the least head ache for M- Sport. He was good , considering his limited experiance. Somehow these new x R1 x Rally1 cars are very fragile - smallest contact - break.

Malcolms main head ache right now comes from the tone and words coming from Tanak , especially in the final interview - it was harsh! Clearly QC and supply chain values are not on the same level as for competing teams.

2. Likes: AnttiL (20th March 2023)
    Liked 12,210 Times in 5,242 Posts

M-Sport Ford World Rally Teams

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/tanak...a-a-mis-match/

“I mean the car is there- the car has always been there. It’s just I think me and the car are a bit of a mis-match.
    --
    It’s probably a bit of a tricky topic at the moment, but we see what the guys can come up with.
    --
    Like I said, the car is there, and obviously the car is competitive in some other hands.
    --
    But just for me it’s not natural for me and I am not able to deliver with the car like I should. Let’s see.
    --
    We haven’t done any development yet so let’s see when some steps start to come in and if they come in then we will find out it is difficult to know. I’m not going to hang around just to drive for fifth so yeah for sure we’d like to push.”
    - Ott Tänak
    He said the same last year during one rally if I remember correct, that he and the car don’t match. (i think it was spain maybe?)

Let’s if the things get better or not. If not then I think this will be his last year in WRC

Seems the only car that REALLY matched him was the 2018-2019 Toyota and we saw the results then.

But overall it seems to me he is a bit overreacting IMO or the interview is done in the heat of emotions. He looked also pretty pissed in Deflis interview after the rally (but cmon, its just 3rd rally with the team and you have a win already under your belt)
    Last edited by EstWRC; 20th March 2023 at 16:35.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: cali (20th March 2023)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    It´s nothing wrong with Loubet. He needs same ecucation as every average top driver had in their developments.
    As said Kalle, Loeb and Ogier are uniques, and those of you waiting for youngsters success, just be patient.
    Last edited by Rallyper; 21st March 2023 at 07:04.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

6. Likes: Corcaíoch (20th March 2023),J4MIE (8th April 2023),RS (21st March 2023),steve.mandzij (20th March 2023),TWRC (22nd March 2023)
    Liked 140 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    He said the same last year during one rally if I remember correct, that he and the car don’t match. (i think it was spain maybe?)

Let’s if the things get better or not. If not then I think this will be his last year in WRC

Seems the only car that REALLY matched him was the 2018-2019 Toyota and we saw the results then.

But overall it seems to me he is a bit overreacting IMO or the interview is done in the heat of emotions. He looked also pretty pissed in Deflis interview after the rally (but cmon, its just 3rd rally with the team and you have a win already under your belt)
    If Tanak will continue to complain about the car over and over and over again, soon everbody will start to take it with big scepticism. Those decisions about changing teams did nobody else but him self. Possibly with Yaris he would have been multiple champion already. He should have known about the state of Puma when signed the contract. Overall the result is better than it was expected. Better to start to change the topic.
    Last edited by AndersX; 20th March 2023 at 16:53.

8. Likes: becher (21st March 2023),J4MIE (8th April 2023),steve.mandzij (20th March 2023)
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Yes, but M-Sport was his only option after he quit Hyundai. Lets hope bad luck will stop and we can see some fights. Speed with Puma is there but again bad luck as you saw, only technical failures Rally 1 were at Tänaks Puma... 100% it is bad luck.

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Thing is Hyundai had no willingness to adapt the i20 to Tanak's style (allegedly/apparently). M-Sport has every intention to do that with the Puma. We will see where that goes.

11. Likes: cali (21st March 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by KertR View Post
    Yes, but M-Sport was his only option after he quit Hyundai. Lets hope bad luck will stop and we can see some fights. Speed with Puma is there but again bad luck as you saw, only technical failures Rally 1 were at Tänaks Puma... 100% it is bad luck.
    Failed turbo is not a luck or bad luck. How many failed turbines have you seen with Toyota and Hyundai? I think this goes down to supply chain, quality control, procedures etc. as soon as you are ought to cut corners because of time or money, these things surface up without any mercy. Possibly I am wrong here, though and this was just a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Thing is Hyundai had no willingness to adapt the i20 to Tanak's style (allegedly/apparently). M-Sport has every intention to do that with the Puma. We will see where that goes.
    That is why i think that Tanaks PR people need to step up and ask to change the topic. I doubt there is anyone in M-Sport who doubts the purpose and actions or any fan or supporter who does not get that it will take some tome to gel with this car. But if you repeat as broken LP player the same pessimistic message over and over, then it loses creditability and gets opposite reactions.

14. Likes: AnttiL (21st March 2023),becher (21st March 2023),cali (21st March 2023),Corcaíoch (20th March 2023),EstWRC (21st March 2023),lancia037 (22nd March 2023),TWRC (22nd March 2023)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersX View Post
    That is why i think that Tanaks PR people need to step up and ask to change the topic. I doubt there is anyone in M-Sport who doubts the purpose and actions or any fan or supporter who does not get that it will take some tome to gel with this car. But if you repeat as broken LP player the same pessimistic message over and over, then it loses creditability and gets opposite reactions.
    It's also a shame that the 'journalists' who follow the sport are stirring this pot ALREADY, three rallies and not even 1/4 of the year gone - https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/tanak...a-a-mis-match/

They're the ones driving this narrative. They're every bit as responsible for creating the negativity around the man as he is himself. Instead of asking the obvious questions and sticking their finger in his eye, can they not try to come up with something a bit more nuanced and insightful?

You're right, of course - M-Sport and Team Tanak could and should be more proactive in setting the tone / explaining what topics of conversation are off limits, at least for now. But you'd have hoped the usual hacks who cover the sport would have taken a bit longer to go from wanking on about Ott 'coming home', to the doom and gloom we're already seeing.
    Last edited by ouvreur; 21st March 2023 at 08:03.

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Oh please don't be difficult. Shall we disallow all abbreviations?