Page 425 of 525 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426427435475 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 5242
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2022/wrc...ng-2023-seats/

Naturally, we’re talking with Gus [Greensmith] and Pierre-Louis [Loubet] – both those guys had a successful 2022 season with us and we’re interested to continue working with them.”
    Notice that Fourmaux is not mentioned.

Also Tänak and Loeb mentioned but it's more like not closing any doors on anyone.

Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2022/wrc...ng-2023-seats/

Also Tänak and Loeb mentioned but it's more like not closing any doors on anyone.
    “Like I said, we’re talking to everybody,” said Millener. “That includes [Tänak] and Séb [Loeb]. We’re confident we have a competitive car in the Ford Puma Rally1 Hybrid and we know what we’ve got coming for next season.

If anything that says to me Tänak will be doing few rallies if at all, and probably not a whole season. Hope im wrong tho

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    [url]

but he was kinda confirmed for 23 before japan, maybe only wrc2, but i think he ll still be around cumbria

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyest View Post
    “Like I said, we’re talking to everybody,” said Millener. “That includes [Tänak] and Séb [Loeb]. We’re confident we have a competitive car in the Ford Puma Rally1 Hybrid and we know what we’ve got coming for next season.

If anything that says to me Tänak will be doing few rallies if at all, and probably not a whole season. Hope im wrong tho
    Imho youre not wrong

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Liked 2,121 Times in 918 Posts
    Lappi and Breen to Hyundai negotiating didn't wait for christmas.. but M-Sport doing things slooow way, again

Liked 1,614 Times in 735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Lappi and Breen to Hyundai negotiating didn't wait for christmas.. but M-Sport doing things slooow way, again
    And why the should hurry? There are no seats available anymore outside M-Sport (maybe rental option for Toyota). Now M-Sport can choose who they actually want and for drivers have options to take it or stay away from Rally 1 competition. So, they have strong position.

But. If they get the deal too late, new drivers can not get familiar enough with the car and maybe are not that competitive and ready for the new season.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Guys how can you still be taking MSport PR seriously.

I believe their PR last year was exactly the same. Talking to lot of drivers blah blah....and then we get the same 1-2 paying names that MSports has been pushing up most of the year.

This year it is Loubet and Greensmith ("sucessful" season...yay 2 stage wins..and 5th as best, one lower than last year).

The only uncertainty is Tanak and I think they will reveal that immediately when anything is signed to max our PR time.

All the other drivers they will keep "secret" until January, just like they mostly did last 3-4 years.

8. Likes: Eli (21st November 2022),pantealex (22nd November 2022),steve.mandzij (21st November 2022)
    Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    About the monster rumours, it kinda makes sense if you put the puzzle pieces together..Anyway what i heard adds fire to the rumours spreading and i guess there has to be some truth behind it. Since he is basically only driver who is not connected to Red Bull with Solberg Tänak and Monster will come with a car that they will buy/rent from M-sport, Solberg will be the other driver. And Before everybody had doubts why would Tänak risk with a private team instead of a manufacturer team is that Monster will pay Tänak salary, and behind all this Red-grey will manage the cars run under the Monster logos.

Thinking of a business side and how Ott has always made his decisions favourable to his future, this deal makes very much sense.

Lets see how well this ages, but this info comes from a source that i think could be trusted 80%

Liked 82 Times in 58 Posts
    And Before everybody had doubts why would Tänak risk with a private team instead of a manufacturer team is that Monster will pay Tänak salary, and behind all this Red-grey will manage the cars run under the Monster logos.

Thinking of a business side and how Ott has always made his decisions favourable to his future, this deal makes very much sense.

Lets see how well this ages, but this info comes from a source that i think could be trusted 80%
    Very interesting if they can adapt the car totally to Tanak's driving preferences

Can they use jokers as a team on the Puma?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    About the monster rumours, it kinda makes sense if you put the puzzle pieces together..Anyway what i heard adds fire to the rumours spreading and i guess there has to be some truth behind it. Since he is basically only driver who is not connected to Red Bull with Solberg Tänak and Monster will come with a car that they will buy/rent from M-sport, Solberg will be the other driver. And Before everybody had doubts why would Tänak risk with a private team instead of a manufacturer team is that Monster will pay Tänak salary, and behind all this Red-grey will manage the cars run under the Monster logos.

The budget for that kind of a project isn't just "one million for buying a Puma, x million for Tänak's salary". The car has to be run and someone has to pay for it. And most importantly the testing and development. RedGrey isn't a factory team, it doesn't fund itself, it is just an operator that needs support from a paying customer. I can see the benefit from Tänak putting in money in this project to employ his own team and get some of the money "back" that way, but still that money has to come from somewhere.

Usually when drivers pay to be an M-Sport driver it's investing for a future career, to be later a factory driver with salary to get return for that investment. But in Tänak's case there's no need for that.

12. Likes: becher (21st November 2022),lancia037 (23rd November 2022),pantealex (22nd November 2022)