Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Scuderia Toro Rosso announces all-new driver line-up for 2012

Torro Rosso name Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne as drivers for 2012

Formula1

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Are they pay drivers ?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Jean-Eric Vergne has impressed in F3 and in testing with the Torro Rosso. He may have sponsor backing but he is deserving of the ride.

Ricciardo was no surprise as he was anointed by Red Bull awhile back.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quite an astonishing turnaround after recent rumours that both current STR drivers could possibly keep their seats! Like mentioned in other threads, hard decisions needed to be made and unless Red Bull felt Jaime-Buemi were the best they have got (and it wasn't the case), they needed to try something new. Probably Red Bull felt Alguersuari-Buemi were not going to be future champions, so it would be worthwhile to try out drivers with a superior junior record. The only problem is that if Ricciardo and Vergne match each other, who will be promoted to RBR? : Like STR couldn't decide, whether to sack Alguersuari or Buemi, who were performing evenly, and decided to keep both of them until the end of 2011.

I have to add though that I would welcome Alguersuari back in F1, he is still very young too. He just needs to find the right team, where to hang around as a reserve driver and wait for opportunities much like de la Rosa has been doing even at a much higher age.

Also, I think these news finally confirm Trulli in the Caterham seat as well.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interesting decision. I still don't see where the team is going, however. I mean next year they'll most likely have a similar up and down season with two inexperienced drivers. Are they going to replace the drivers again like puppets?
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Interesting decision. I still don't see where the team is going, however. I mean next year they'll most likely have a similar up and down season with two inexperienced drivers. Are they going to replace the drivers again like puppets?
    I think the crux of the matter here is that for Red Bull it is not important, where is "this team exactly going" and whether they are a bit inconsistent or not. They have their own RBR at the top, so they don't need two teams up there. Second team is fine to run solidly in the midfield and also strengthen Red Bull's position in the politics of F1 with two votes. Oh, and double amount of testing data (even if the cars are different)...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought there was an outside chance they'd drop Buemi for one of them, but I was really expecting both Buemi and Alguersuari (I still have to double check the spelling...) to start the season. Really surprised by this.

And Lehto sent to prison today too, it's not actually 1st April is it?

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Surprising but good decision.

Maybe JA can get the second HRT seat, with Cepsa backing?

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    The Red Bull test/reserve driver job is still open too, could be a possibility for Alguersuari or Buemi.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Red Bull were going top buy Ricciardo the Caterham drive, they may choose to do the same for Jaime if they want to keep him around
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.