My prediction:

1. Salo
    2.Nikara
    3. Kruud
    4.Vihavainen

Liked 69 Times in 48 Posts

Re: Finnish rallying championship news

Are these the final numbers?
    Yes they are. It is also starting order to rally. It is made by turning the Championship standing list upside down in class 1 and keep it how it is in class 2.. There is also some exceptions in this: Juha Salo starting 1st in class 2 even though he didn´t get any points from the season opener Arctic Rally.
    Once it pop´s, you can´t stop...

Liked 36 Times in 17 Posts

Lots of crashes on same place on Vaakuna rally SS1, including Jarkko Nikara.. Some junction right it was, I dont know more..
    Visit here: http://www.youtube.com/tinkenkanava

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tinke1979
    Lots of crashes on same place on Vaakuna rally SS1, including Jarkko Nikara.. Some junction right it was, I dont know more..
    Nikara's off was caused/contributed by problems with extralights.

After SS1 in the dark Joni Nikko leads by 0,9 secs before Vihavainen. Juha Salo third +2,8 to Nikko. SM3 (R2) class leader is Henri Haapamäki (showed good speed in Arctic too) with C2. Second Lindroos +0,7 and third Vuorisalo +8,2.

Tomorrow there are six stages, and some rain (yes, water, not snow) is expected. Needing an umbrella in a winter rally? Quite an experience... Snow situation is minimal, however roads seem to have pretty good ice-coating.

Video showing Nikko and Haapamäki on SS1: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=626624320720551
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Okay, FRC Mikkeli is driven! Juha Salo had a really good drive and won both overall and SM2-classifications. Second was Joni Nikko, he had very good speed throughout the rally, finally after some moments the gap was 15,2 secs. Third overall, and winning SM1 class, was Ari Vihavainen. Biggest surprise in SM1 was Veli-Pekka Karttunen, who showed incredible speed with old Subaru - I'm sure we will hear from him, as in Finland it's very rare that someone is so fast in 4WD so quickly.

In FWD classes SM3 (=R2 cars) and SM4 (=bigger fwd) winners were Joonas Lindroos (SM3) and Jarkko Savolainen (SM4). Lindroos had a good battle with Henri Haapamäki, he has found big speed from somewhere and challenged Lindroos very well. Also one driver to note: a newcomer to FRC, Teemu Suninen, had suberb speed in the rally and ended third in SM3 with Fiesta R2. He is a member of AKK's Driver Academy coaching programme.

A small video from Day 2, including a small off by Vainionpää: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=626973540685629
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Some issues in after rally scrutineering, rumours of Salo getting excluded (100g underweight side foam panels)...

Also to note, next F-Cup rally is cancelled because of the weather conditions.
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juha_Koo
    Some issues in after rally scrutineering, rumours of Salo getting excluded (100g underweight side foam panels)...

Also to note, next F-Cup rally is cancelled because of the weather conditions.
    I hope that that isn't true about 100g..I could imagine official Saksalaiset tai Ruotsalaiset being that nuts, but I expect better from you guys...

And weather? is the spring thaw already making roads too soft?

Poor F-cup guys---they need to pound on their cars! Re-scheduled?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts

Everytime a weight of particular part is homologated there is a tolerance window as well. I'm pretty sure it's more than +- 100 grams for the safety foam panels. Probably it is meant it was 100 grams bellow the lower tolerance limit. In that case to disqualify the crew is indeed harsh but a common solution. Sadly only big factory teams come out of this with fine or some meaningless time penalty.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts

Any more news after last rally?
    Salo really excluded?
    Also some more news after Arctic/Salo/parc ferme incident?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by br21
    Any more news after last rally?
    Salo really excluded?
    Also some more news after Arctic/Salo/parc ferme incident?
    Not yet...

Salo's car was sealed after rally by organisation and they still inspect what is happened...

Total 144 entries for last FRC rally in this winter...