Page 25 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Yes, Hagström did the same trick in 1999. I initially thought that he didn't drive the final rally back then, but to my knowledge, he did.

My video from Kerava is coming later this week, unfortunately I'm having a hard flu. :/

Few onboards:
    Max Vatanen (son of Ari): Max Vatanen Onboard Kerava SM 2012 - YouTube
    Jukka Korhonen: Jukka Korhonen - Kerava SM-Ralli 2012 SS3 - YouTube
    Matias Kauppinen (nice action with a bit older Opel Astra): Talotekniikka 10 SM-Ralli EK4 IN-CAR - Matias Kauppinen & Jonne Halttunen Opel Astra GSi 16v - YouTube
    Henri Tuomisto (good stuff with Fiesta R1): Talotekniikka 10 SM-ralli Ford Fiesta R1 ek7 - YouTube
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juha_Koo
    Yes, Hagström did the same trick in 1999. I initially thought that he didn't drive the final rally back then, but to my knowledge, he did.

My video from Kerava is coming later this week, unfortunately I'm having a hard flu. :/

Few onboards:
    Max Vatanen (son of Ari): Max Vatanen Onboard Kerava SM 2012 - YouTube
    Jukka Korhonen: Jukka Korhonen - Kerava SM-Ralli 2012 SS3 - YouTube
    Matias Kauppinen (nice action with a bit older Opel Astra): Talotekniikka 10 SM-Ralli EK4 IN-CAR - Matias Kauppinen & Jonne Halttunen Opel Astra GSi 16v - YouTube
    Henri Tuomisto (good stuff with Fiesta R1): Talotekniikka 10 SM-ralli Ford Fiesta R1 ek7 - YouTube
    Juha, if you didn't have nasty flu I would give you big wet kiss.
    Looking at Kaupinen now in the great Astra (is it really Astra or Kadett?) Damn it send chills up the spine. How I wish boys over here could see and understand that car and that driving.......it's in a different world (compared to over here)....
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 69 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    Looking at Kaupinen now in the great Astra (is it really Astra or Kadett?) Damn it send chills up the spine. How I wish boys over here could see and understand that car and that driving.......it's in a different world (compared to over here)....
    It is Opel Astra here in Finland and I think that Co-FIN knows exactly what it feels like inside that Astra

Congrats also for the nice victory for Matias and Jonne!! You did what I asked
    Once it pop´s, you can´t stop...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppe
    It is Opel Astra here in Finland and I think that Co-FIN knows exactly what it feels like inside that Astra

Congrats also for the nice victory for Matias and Jonne!! You did what I asked
    Okej I knew the called Kadett E "Kadett" in some places, and Astra in UK, and (really) Pontiac LeMans here in USA, something else in Canada... THEN called everything Astra everywhere....whatever the case it was a bad-ass car when they were built right---and here in U-land of Rally virtually unheard of except those that I know---always blabbing about how good they are Me "Guys, it's fanatastic this car, why its a worthy successor to the mighty Saab 96, and that says something!"

So Co-Finn sits on the other side?

HEJ! Co-Fin, you're a braver man than me! :crazy Now after old age I been co-driving for guys now 4 times and go again co-drive in 240 Volvo in a month---this week I am service crew!)
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Entries for the next F-Cup event Pohjanmaa-ralli (Seinäjoki, Sept. 29th) just closed and 170 crews are named at the moment. In extra classes, Jukka Ketomäki in Evo X and Joni Nikko in Evo IX.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 126 Times in 38 Posts

Finnish rallying championship news

Last edited by Co-FIN; 13th October 2021 at 23:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Co-FIN
    In Finland it´s called Astra F and actually its this car (on sale) Opel Astra Kilpa-ajoneuvo Kilpa-ajoneuvo 1994 - Vaihtoauto - Nettiauto

Here´s some more footage from Matias @ last FRC round, if interested
    SS8
    Talotekniikka 10 SM-Ralli EK8 IN-CAR - Matias Kauppinen & Jonne Halttunen Opel Astra GSi 16v - YouTube
    SS10
    Talotekniikka 10 SM-Ralli EK10 IN-CAR - Matias Kauppinen & Jonne Halttunen Opel Astra GSi 16v - YouTube
    SS2
    Talotekniikka 10 SM-Ralli EK2 IN-CAR - Matias Kauppinen & Jonne Halttunen Opel Astra GSi 16v - YouTube

I dont think i´m braver than you, maybe just more stupid?

Thanks Jeppe, it went like it was supposed :P
    No I'm just a bad passenger! In my old---but mighty!--- Saab I'm way faster than these guys I've been "kartis" for...but if you spend a whole life from 14 years to -50 years old being driver, I think anybody would get big BIG eyes!

Yeah that's an Astra Astra... We never got those in any form in Norte America, last was Kadett E and only very very few with 8v 2 liter... Only one person ---a guy I work with and who was lifetime Saab V4 madman--like me---ever showed interest, and picked up one.....and i found him piles of 2 liter motors, gaskets , cranks, millions of pistons, all at the piston ring maker "Total Seal" after they had gotten contract to develop the ring package for the 8v 2 liter.. 2 big van loads of Opel parts for $400..

What's the plan if the nice Opel sells?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 126 Times in 38 Posts

Finnish rallying championship news

Last edited by Co-FIN; 13th October 2021 at 23:39.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Damn, I forgot it was on MTV3 today.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa