Page 12 of 132 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any Rallies 10-11th March?

Hi All

I'm going to be in Finland at the weekend (10th & 11th March) between Kuopio & Tampere, Are there any Rallies or Motorsport events on nearby I could go & watch?

Seems I just missed the F-Cup :-(

Cheers

Rawy

Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rawy
    Hi All

I'm going to be in Finland at the weekend (10th & 11th March) between Kuopio & Tampere, Are there any Rallies or Motorsport events on nearby I could go & watch?

Seems I just missed the F-Cup :-(

Cheers

Rawy
    Yes. At least there is a local rallysprint in Keuruu (about 60 km from Jyväskylä to the west) on Sunday 11th March starting at 12 o´clock .

The event will celecrate it´s 20th anniversary this year and is located in Keuruu military area. Address: Unio Sarlinintie, Keuruu

The entry list:
    XX KEURUUN RALLISPRINT
    Almost everything about World Rallying
    Rally Paradise
    http://drive.to/rally

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Finnish rallysprint is also rather spectator-friendly form of the sport. One compact stage run twice, best time decides. Cars coming in 30-second intervals so it's intense as well. And if you draw a line on the map between Kuopio and Tampere, Keuruu is not that far off...
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    There's also one quite good corner there. Right over crest into long uphill left. The track has been the same for many years but there's always some action on that corner.
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

11th march

Thanks for the info guys!

Could Juha - Could you give me any idea where that corner is, sounds good!

I have found this map on google?

Unio Sarlinintie, Keuruu, Suomi - Google Maps

Any other info appreciated, parking etc

Thanks

Rawy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have also found this rally on the 10th - LÖYÄN-LOUKON RALLISPECIAL

I am struggling understanding how it runs, it says 4 stages but only seems to have one stage map on the details?

The 10th would be a better day for me, so might try to get over to this one.

Cheers

Rawy

Quote Originally Posted by rawy
    I have also found this rally on the 10th - LÖYÄN-LOUKON RALLISPECIAL

I am struggling understanding how it runs, it says 4 stages but only seems to have one stage map on the details?

The 10th would be a better day for me, so might try to get over to this one.

Cheers

Rawy
    It is what is called "rally special". One road divided into several stages, 30 second intervals.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you're near Tampere on 10th day, I would say the best choise is Neste Häijää Pienoisralli. Bit over 60 cars, three stages with 21 kilometers. I think they might use the same road for these stages? Not sure for that, route is published at the morning of the event. Should contain some great Finnish roads. Keuruu is also great event if it's better for your schedule.

Neste Häijää Pienoisralli:
    Address: Kauppakuja 1, 38420 Sastamala (some 40km from Tampere)
    Entry-list: http://mut-palvelu.fi/2012/ralli/ral...sanottajat.pdf

Esapekka Lappi won Snow Rally Sprint at Vanttauskoski (nearby Rovaniemi) on Sunday, driving an Evo X. Here's results.

Now Finnish drivers are waiting for frost to melt and roads to dry. Next competetive action is tarmac sprint in Tammisaari in late April. Next rally is Black Rocket Ralli in Janakkala in mid May.

An addition to Finnish rally calendar was made in form of national Ovisepät-Ralli. It'll be run in Saturday May 26th, rally HQ being in Joutsa, south of Jyväskylä, on the east side of Lake Päijänne. It's possible and likely that some of the stages are familiar to old 1000 Lakes goers.

What makes this rally more interesting is the fact that they allow recce in some classes. This makes it a perfect chance for FRC drivers to get some competetive action before first FRC gravel event, Lapua in June 9th. Entries opened on Monday, and so far Esapekka Lappi (Fiesta S2000), Juha Salo (Evo X R4), Mikko Lehessaari (Impreza WRX), Kari Hämäläinen (Fiesta S2000), Joonas Lindroos (Civic), Andreas Amberg (Fiesta R2), Jussi Vainionpää (Civic), Henri Haapamäki (C2 R2 Max), have entered. It looks it's turning into kind of extra FRC event :-)

The rally will include 4 stages of 55,7 stage kms. Recce in the morning, so rally will start at 14.01 and end at 19.01. Everyone should make in time for sauna and prepare for Eurovision Song Contest final...