Quote Originally Posted by henners88
In all this I love how Jeremy Clarkson's comment on the One Show was completely taken out of context by the British tabloid press forcing the BBC to make an apology. I was quite disappointed to see the Telegraph join in I must admit. Having seen what he said- i.e a pro strike comment, followed by a dig at the BBC suggesting a more balanced view needed to be said too, before his 'protesters should be shot' comment, it does seem to be a case of don't let facts/context get in the way of a good story. At the end of the day Clarkson says things for effect and once again he's succeeded and for the past two days, his name has been given all the publicity he needed. lol Makes me laugh.
The fact that these moronic Union leaders make such a big thing of it just show how narrow minded and challenged they really are. Quite why anyone would pay a union to take them on strike so they lose a days' pay is beyond me - they must be loaded to afford it all.

Oh, and here is what a pension lawyer mate of mind put on my Facebook;

Quote Originally Posted by My Mate (yes, I have a friend)
The unions in both public and private sectors alike battle to maintain employee benefits for their members, however, the private sector has been rather more reality driven - i.e. its employees tend to more readily accept that the ever incre...asing pension costs are not sustainable, as opposed to the public sector expectation that the government should just find the cash and no excuses. Defined benefit pension schemes are closing in the private sector every day of the week. In a government report last year, 94% of private sector employers said they intended to close schemes or reduce member benefits. The reality is that, even after the government make their proposed changes (and they will), public sector workers will still have better, more valuable pension benefits than the vast majority of private sector workers. I only saw the local swimming pool being picketed yesterday morning, and then just shed loads of cops around St James yesterday evening. All seemed quiet though by the time I rolled out of the Ritz ****e-faced at 2am this morning :P
Sums it up for me.