Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

De La Rosa returns, seriously!

Pedro de la Rosa will return to Formula 1 racing with HRT next season after signing a two-year deal with the squad, making his competitive comeback after his latest McLaren testing stint

Pedro de la Rosa signs for HRT from 2012 - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm not sure who is more desperate: him or HRT!

I suppose the thought is that he'll bring useful experience to the team, but I can't help thinking there are far better options out there.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Can you believe they dug this loser up again - no wonder Spain is in economic crisis!!
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think it's such a bad thing. He's never going to win the WDC so his pace isn't the issue is it. What HRT need is someone that can help develop the car and if PdlR don't know what a car should feel like, then nobody does.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    News that came totally out of the blue! So if Schumacher can race competitively into his 40's, perhaps it has created some belief in the paddock that "it can be done" at that age if you are truly committed. De la Rosa certainly has seemed committed and has kept hanging around even if he hasn't often had a race drive. His comeback in 2010 wasn't particularly embarrassing either, even though Kobayashi looked slightly more impressive.

Solid choice for a team like HRT. Perhaps not much difference whether that experienced driver of the team is Liuzzi or de la Rosa, but DLR can bring some valuable top team experience. But I do wonder, if HRT would really hire Clos (who has been strongly rumoured) as their second driver now, making it an all-Spanish team?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Good luck for Pedro! Maybe not the best driver, but he has spirit and experience!
    Formula 1

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    A solid move for HRT, they are a struggling team and with De La Rosa as lead driver that should at least help them develop their team and car, they should probably hire a young driver as his team mate to get the balance.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    a mobile chicane dressed as a spanish waiter selling cheap paella parading as a Grand prix driver

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Obviously going so they can pick his brain and try to improve from where they are now with the car.This is where I thought that Rubens may have finished up at,what we don't know is if PDR is paying to drive or is a free driver,ie,not getting any pay at all,which I suspect is the case

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Now I remembered that in 2010 Sauber was the second team after McLaren to introduce F-duct. And this was directly due to the insider information of de la Rosa, who had freshly departed from McLaren. So no wonder HRT is interested in the latest developments of a top team. Let's see, what kind of interesting design will we see on HRT's car next year! :