Page 189 of 189 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189
Results 1,881 to 1,887 of 1887
    Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    do you know that that was the ONLY time they had measure a ds3 turbocharger?How do you know that?
    I wrote probably
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TyPat107
    That might make sense. I know anti-lag is far more heat/stress on a turbo than flat out driving. And mikko just cruised through the rally so possibly so ( no real great way to say this really) his car may have been a situation where anti-lag came into play more than if he had been pushing causing more wear etc on the turbo.
    No thats not right.Wherever you push or cruise inside a stage, antilag is on.The stress on turbo isn t different if you push or cruise.The turbo pressure is same,so heat/stress same.

Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    I wrote probably
    probably and being lucky doesnt come togather.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    No thats not right.Wherever you push or cruise inside a stage, antilag is on.The stress on turbo isn t different if you push or cruise.The turbo pressure is same,so heat/stress same.
    Sorry for my ignorance on how wrc cars create anti-lag, but I know at our clubman level it is done by retarding ignition timing greatly when the throttle is lifted this allows unburnt fuel out of the combustion chamber and into the hot exhaust manifold. This creates a big egt spike that spools the turbo, which does cause far more wear than say if I were to never lift.
    2009 Colorado Rally Cup Champion & 2009 CHCA Rookie Of the Year

Sorry for my ignorance on how wrc cars create anti-lag, but I know at our clubman level it is done by retarding ignition timing greatly when the throttle is lifted this allows unburnt fuel out of the combustion chamber and into the hot exhaust manifold. This creates a big egt spike that spools the turbo, which does cause far more wear than say if I were to never lift.
    completely right.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    But you can´t build and count on your driver should act in a special way so turbo will be counted for passing an examination. As a manufacturer you must build for any situation. I think your theories are not countable.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    But you can´t build and count on your driver should act in a special way so turbo will be counted for passing an examination. As a manufacturer you must build for any situation. I think your theories are not countable.
    No you can't build, but you can change the engine mapping for it as Anthony warmbold stated in his thread/ on his blog.
    2009 Colorado Rally Cup Champion & 2009 CHCA Rookie Of the Year